Is it the Girl or is it the Scene

bust

So? Does that make them superior or something? What's wrong with a girl selling her body? Just because a girl decides to sell her pussy doesn't make her a lesser person. She's not hurting you, so why look down her? Looking down on a prostitute because of her profession is nothing short of being narrow minded, IMO. When it comes from somebody who flies around the world to f**k them, it is even hypocritical.

We westerners seem hung up on "position" and category.

Many are either looking down on somebody because she rents her body or back home kissing ass and assuming some jerk is wonderful because they are a doctor or somesuch.

What people do to pay their bills isn't who they are.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"...What people do to pay their bills isn't who they are..."

Sorry, but many of these girls become the job. Just as many punters become the game...I have watced a fewe sweet decent girls turn into lieing scamming whores, the more they stay in the game. Yes, occassionally there are a few decent girls, who survie it all, but the longer they stay in the game, the less likely that becomes...

Prosal said:

One of the biggest myths in the third world P4P market is that girls have to prostitute themselves because they "can't do anything else" or because they have to "feed their families". Nonsense. The majority of the girls and single moms in those countries maintain their morals and self-respect and manage to make it WITHOUT selling themselves. :devil:

Seems to me you are ignorant of the pressure some parents make on their chlidren: amongst many tales I have been told this one:

Two daugthers work as maids in Bangkok, one brings home 7k baht; the other 30k baht, which she lent from her boss in exchange of one year of future work. Dad tells the first daughter: "I don't want your lousy 7k baht, look at your sister who brings 30k" (she is a good daughter, not like you) This whilst the first daughter does not want to lock herself for one year by lending money from her boss. I doubt you realise how pressure from parents can get to you, isn't ? :elf:

[color:"blue"] My 680 nursing students mostly com from the same socio-econ profile of the nana BG or the massage girl, but becuase of their vastly different experiences, they are completely different in their attitude and behavior,. Yet if one switched the two groups, what we see and witness would be what we see today - completely a product of their respective environment and not innate traits...

[/color]

I am really glad to hear that. My friends in universities around the country said the same thing. I still maintain that these people, no matter what the economic background is, selling themselves can be the last option.

Yes, selling oneself does not hurt anyone in certain people's mind but would these people want their daughters to do that?

Poverty does not make ones prostitutes, IMO, it is the morale and influence of families.

I watched a docmentary on Thailand not long ago. It showed a poor girl slaving away as a maid and worked another job selling clothes on weekend, while most of her school friends were selling themselves and were building houses in their village. This young woman does not enter the prostitution because her parents said "We are poor, but we have honor, and prostitution is not an honorable way of making a living".

As several times I posted, the pressure of parents make a lot of these women enter the industry.

Jasmine

[color:"blue"] One has spent the day buying blouses in Pratunam and now has them laid out on a sheet on the sidewalk so she can sell to the working girls who wander around late at night. She buys them for 40 to 60 baht and sells them for 80 to 120 baht. She uses the profits to buy more blouses the next day, eat (rather than starve and be sick), pay rent, stay free from the factory jobs in her hometown and stay beautiful and healthy by avoiding the drudgery of a factory worker life. She is a pretty girl but always politely says no to the punters who express interest in her.

The other girl has spent the day trolling the biergarten and gulliver's looking for a customer, but had no luck. She is available to go with a customer and uses the money she gets (just like the girl selling clothes) to eat and stay healthy (rather than starve and be sick), pay rent, stay free from the factory jobs in her hometown and stay beautiful by avoiding the drudgery of a factory worker life. She could buy clothes and compete with the other girl but is more interested in big money so she can send some home.

Is the girl who is in the game less moral than the girl who is not?

[/color]

HI,

You wrote excellent examples. :D

This can be a very deep debate. As a woman, it is a self respect, that is, the 1st woman who sells clothes would feel that she has an option and self respect (IMO, of course) and I would rather sell clothes in her place.

A body is ours, yes, but having sex for many women is special thing to share with someone special not to SELL. Seeling our bodies for the price makes ones just as good as any item, not a human, IMO, might as well put a tag on one's forehead and get it over with. Is there any word "integrity" involved here?

I could say many more things about this delicate issue, then someone would say "It is her body, selling does not make it immoral!" which I find it so complicated to argue due to my limited brain cells and I do not want to spend time on this issue. :o Yes, I post because I feel that a woman should speak up, especially from a POOR background as mine, not that I can represent all women.

Jasmine

Maybe that's the answer to my question. It's all about honor.

I remember talking to a BG once about honor. She told me she would never let her village know what she was doing as she would then be viewed differently. She also said once a TG enters a relationship with a falang the village immediately places expectations of wealth on her and her family. If they do not live up to those expectations they are looked down upon. Must be incredibly hard for them.

[color:"blue"]What people do to pay their bills isn't who they are.

[/color]

Hmm, I am really sorry, but I am confused! so a killer who just robbed and killed to pay his bill is not a killer and robber? ::

IMO, prostitution for the moters to feed their children is not a crime, as long as that is a temporary job.

None of the people says that just because some are lawyers and doctors are not jerks, but they sure do a lot more investment on themselves and a lot of effort in educating than just go to anyone who can pay for their bodies, don't you think? Or is it the effort just a waste of time, brains, money?

Should I tell my daughter not to waste her time studying pharmarcie now? I can keep that money I will invest in her education. ::

I know it is a complicated issue, however, Thailand DOES need to give these people a viable option, not just yelling that prostitution is immoral but does NOTHING to create a good, viable way to make a decent living, IMO.

Jasmine

I don't fly around the world to fuck prostitutes.

Sure man, If that's want you want us to believe it's cool with me. ::

As I said, I've known A LOT of girls and single moms in third word countries who manage to make it WITHOUT selling their ass and WITHOUT scamming/manipulating foreigners.

Oh right, if a girls sells her body, she's automatically scamming us poor whoremongers, right? Sorry, I don't buy it, and there's no way that you can prove a correlation between the two. But how can you pretend to know anything about it, if you didn't hang out with prostitutes anyway? ::

My guess is that you're just another reformed whoremonger who wants to pretend he never slept with a prostitute. :liar:

I can tell you you're in good company, there are LOTS of those around on this board. :doah:

Archived