On building a house!

limbo

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our pricing from the builder including this so I do not know the definate sq m price, however as he often told me "its very very expensive boss" - figures of 100-140,000 baht were banded around for a house with sq m of typically 300 sq m, but of course in reality the price is based on sq m of coverage of roof, which is higher than the sq m of the house (assuming your roof is pitched at an angle. For a townhouse in Bkk, as an example, I'd say its very economical - the roof area will not be very large, assuming say 6-8 meters frontage and 8-12m depth.

Hi Fat Aussie,

Built quite a bit in LOS. That price sounds about right for a cubic meter of concrete, we did a pour of two truckloads last year and cost around 7,500 Bt per truck.

It depends on the strength of the concrete something like 200, 300 it is the weight per unit of area it will stand.

We used blocks but if had to do it again would use the small red bricks. much stronger and better. Got lucky on the electric the guy from our village was home to plant rice asnd he was a real electrician that worked in BKK. we have a ground rod and a very nice job. He also hooked up the water pump and our UV water filter.

Be sure to get the 15 amp meter it cost a bit more but will be enough for air con. or anything else. I bought a real electric panel box from Home pro in BKK .10 K for electric seems a bit low that the op mentioned.

Was very lucky as wifes family including the sisiters are all excellent builders.

LL

• 2 weeks later...

I was sitting at the bar at the Golden Beer Bar.

Got a conversation with gentleman next to me.

In the conversation, I asked if he ever thought of marrying a nice Thai gal.

He stated that he was on his 3rd Thai wife !

Oh yeah, wonderful idea. Sign the whole thing over to your wife !

Like I stated before, make sure you have enough money for a hotel nearby . . . or purchase a condo nearby in your own name - just for "emergencies".

It never ceases to amaze me how naive some of the visitors to Thailand can be.

Hold on . . . I got to write another check to my gal back in Thailand . . . as her mother's cow is sick again !

On my third wife!

At the prices of building a house you could have several wives around Thailand each with their own house! However, foreign this may be to me it might be an idea to think on.

The house is almost finished! Man this whole process was a challenge. We ended up spending about 360,000 baht! This included:

Outside: 4 foot wall around entire property. Concret covering all ground with planter boxes around front and both sides of house. Drive way, Iron fence to close in driveway, 2 terraces with roof coverage,guters, deck out back,septic system,iron in all sections of concret, water tower with pumps and cleaning of well resources, 15 amp box, breaker boxes, iron over all windows and iron doors on double doors in front and single door in back. Light fixtures on each side of double doors in front, one on each corner and two in the back of house.

Inside: light fixtures with fans hanging from a 9 foot ceiling in master bedroom, living room and guest room, light fixtures in all other rooms. Aircon in master room only, screens on all windows with curtain rods, tile in all rooms with wood grain look, border around floor and wall, 6 to 8 electric holes in each room, sink and range in kitchen, 2 western toilets, 2 shower machines, mirrors, wall mounts for soap, shampoo, toilet paper etc... sinks in each bathroom, tile on walls to 6 feet in bathrooms, locks on all doors, vents and fans for bathrooms.

I believe thats gonna do it. Still waiting for the final coat of paint on all plaster and concret outside. Monks still have to deceide on move in date. Oh, forgot to include the ghost house and budha mounts that are in the outside and inside of house!

The inside of house is next!

jep dii

How do i get this insulation you have spoke of. I like the thief protection idea, insulation and water proofing. Can it be installed easily?

Jep dii

Archived