Thai dog eats gold

Chillers

While my post may read like sarcastic social commentary... or perhaps how the worship of wealth is profoundly superficial, it really did happen.

Poor little puppy has a gut full of gold and she'll probably have to go to the vet.

Oh, and I reserve the right to adjust any numeric figures, weights, or measures to make the story more interesting. Also, for the record you can get those hollowed out chains that look nice and chunky.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, it reads better as a biting critique on society LOL!

As far as the dog, if the chain is really that small, in fact unless it's a huge monster chain, then I doubt you need to involve a vet. Just let nature take its course. Many moons ago I had a Malamute who ate sweat socks, much bulkier than a gold chain. The vet told me the same, just wait for it to pass and stop the damn fool dog from eating things that are not food. I'll leave it to your imagination to picture myself running around the yard, on more than one occasion, trying to catch the dog to pull the rest of a shit saturated sock out of its asshole to clear the plumbing... :doah:

But if you do need a vet, I recommend the place on the green route between Sukhumvit sois 39 & 49 (closer to 49) and across from that new hi-so restaraunt complex called Spring, Summer, Winter. Right next to a Korean BBQ place. Oh dear...that does not sound good. Makes one wonder where the doggies that do not make it end up.

But I digress. There are a couple of vets that share the practice there. The lady is super. They also sell high end dog foods, like Science Diet and Iams. And they will fetch/deliver Fido from your place if the critter is small enough to fit into a basket on the back of a motorcy (unfortunately our brain dead Chow is not, but we live close by).

Cheers,

SD

The view of the Sydney harbour bridge was stunning from my 1 million $$ (Aud) North Sydney abode.

was stunning? why the past tense chiller? what happened to lead you to-

roam the streets in old shoes and a stained tshirt

tell us more about how those doors open for you in the Emporium with your half baht braclet Chiller.

Newsflash!

Kii Nok chain retrieved! Dog OK

Thanks for the vet info. I've been surfing the vets on the sois off Suk 55 (Thong Lor). Is 45 shots for Rabies a bit excessive? I don't think so - I trust my Thong Lor vet. But yeah, I think we will try some of the other vets and the green route is close to our not so humble home. Your vet does pick up and delivery? wow - that's impressive. On our last trip to the vet we crammed poor puppy into a small pink doggy carrier. It was so small that we had to squash dog in at a 45 degree angle. I guess its lucky that dogs have a fair bit of give in em. We would have gotten away with this spectacular act of cruelty had not an American dude busted us en route to the vet. He had some stern words for us on puppy contortion and some good advice on where to purchase larger doggy carriers.

American dude - you know who you are... your dog's name is "Derby".

Anyway - as stated above I have great news! The chain has passed through the hound. After feverishly ripping apart 6 dog turds I finally have all of the pieces. We took pictures of the whole process but due to a fault with the camera the happy snaps look all blurry and out of focus. You see - this is always the case when extraordinary events occur. Cameras (even digital ones) always fail to perform. Loch ness monster? Bigfoot? I'm sure you understand.

Now 2 question remain.

1) Do I get the chain fixed and wear it again? and

2) If I do will I then be a "Farang Kii Mah"?

Hi FAT_AUSSIE,

Dude, I've gotta come clean with you man. Although part of the post was true (dog did eat gold) my comments on society's perception of me were a joke. The doors to the Emporium will always be open to us, kii nok or not. After all those door guys who dress in those stunning white uniforms are really good at their jobs!

Yes - I moved to BKK from Sydney a little while ago and although I did spend a little time on the north shore there were no upper class, monocle wearing gentry. Everyone was pretty normal and as you probably know 1 mill is sadly close to an average price for a house in Sydney.

I will say one thing though, I did recently have a "kii nok clothes" related experience. I was walking down the street in a Judas Priest shirt and daggy sweat pants when the cops grabbed me for a random passport check. I wonder, would this have happened if I was wearing a suit?

Archived