Hiso's

asiafun

Guest lazyphil

I ask JJ a most serious question as to whether hiso Thais hunt foxs, turn up in red coats in Range Rovers and you nd derail it with tittilating schoolboy tomfoolery........ :cussing::clown:.....jj, anyone, do they hunt foxs in los, yes, possible business venture to import foxs if needed!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Over the years Oldtimer has had quite a few dealings with upper class ladies...introduced through business friends. What generalizations can one say about them? Well for one thing quite a few are interested in a career thse days...not just marriage. Thus they may have a couple of children and then buy a small business for fun...if they are not already engaged in the family firm.

Hi-so girls are usually sent abroad to university so that's a good place to meet them.; although of course there will be NO dating in Thailand unless the family approves.

10 to 15 years ago it was necessary for a hi-so girl to be a virgin on her wedding day, but not always the case any more.

One thing is for sure, tourists to Thailand are not likely to ever meet real hi-so ladies, let alone date them. It would be fatal for them to be involved with a male tourist.

jjsushi said:

There is nothing Asian or specifically Thai about the modern day polo matches that are attended by the well to do. They simply do it because it is marketed as an aristocratic/high society exclusiive sport. Maybe if the Thais substituted elephants for horses and the women wore something remenescent of Thai traditional clothing instead or parading around in English sundresses and bonnets/hats it would have a Thai flavor or flair.

I find it quite odd to see the elite of any culture ape the traditional trappings of British aristocracy/wealthy.

[unnecessary crap removed - KS]

Perhaps I owe you an apology ?? of sorts.

Your original Post seemed to indicate merely un-educated bigotry.

I now realise that you are simply advocating that Thai society ? and I assume others you consider inferior to ?Western? ones ? be encapsulated in time, as a sort of Cultural Zoo for the amusement of yourself and others like you.

I gather that in your ideal world the exhibits on display would only be allowed to wear the costumes of some far off time? Transported only by trained animals rather than ?planes, trains and automobiles? perhaps? Presumably forbidden the modern conveniences of education, electricity, newspapers and other fairly recent innovations etc. etc.?

An interesting idea, though, sadly, not an original one.

Paul

Adams167 said:
jjsushi said:

There is nothing Asian or specifically Thai about the modern day polo matches that are attended by the well to do. They simply do it because it is marketed as an aristocratic/high society exclusiive sport. Maybe if the Thais substituted elephants for horses and the women wore something remenescent of Thai traditional clothing instead or parading around in English sundresses and bonnets/hats it would have a Thai flavor or flair.

I find it quite odd to see the elite of any culture ape the traditional trappings of British aristocracy/wealthy.

[unnecessary crap removed - KS]

Perhaps I owe you an apology ?? of sorts.

Your original Post seemed to indicate merely un-educated bigotry.

I now realise that you are simply advocating that Thai society ? and I assume others you consider inferior to ?Western? ones ? be encapsulated in time, as a sort of Cultural Zoo for the amusement of yourself and others like you.

I gather that in your ideal world the exhibits on display would only be allowed to wear the costumes of some far off time? Transported only by trained animals rather than ?planes, trains and automobiles? perhaps? Presumably forbidden the modern conveniences of education, electricity, newspapers and other fairly recent innovations etc. etc.?

An interesting idea, though, sadly, not an original one.

Paul

My, my your an out of sorts chap aren't you? In one fell post I went from uneducated cretin to a simple bigot! I guess your the one that will enlighten me?

Once again you read WAY TOO much into my post. How you infer that I claim Wetern society is superior to Thai is amazing. How you interpolate that into my supposed desire to have Thai culture frozen in time is astounding.

Let me prick your bubble oh so ever gently and spoon feed you.

I noted that I find it interesting and even silly that the elite of one culture will mimic and ape the elite of another culture with the commonality being their wealth and position in society. I also noted that the British appear to be the model h all of these other cultures use. So to make it plain to you, I find it odd that one would cast aside the traditions and trappings of their culture and adopt another for those reasons.

Now I will tie this into your fuzzy logic and silly rant, it is the wealthy and elite Thais (not I ) who evidently feel that Western culture is superior to theirs which is evidenced by the goods, services and entertainment they consume.

Sort of like a hip hop star born in poverty who drinks malt liquor his entire life and the minute he makes millions of dollars, he only drinks Cristal because he thinks that is what rich people do and it is a sign of "good taste" and culture. The saddest thing is the star wouldn't know Cristal from sparkling Riunite if you gave him a blind taste test.

Archived