Hiso's

asiafun

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jjsushi said:

Don't u love watching wealthy Asians mimic the lifestyles of wealthy Westerners? I get a real chuckle seeing people imitate traditions that they don't have a clue about beyond the fact it costs alot of money to do.

Do you even know where Polo originated?

Here's a clue - it was not at Smiths Lawn.

Paul

Adams167 said:
jjsushi said:

Don't u love watching wealthy Asians mimic the lifestyles of wealthy Westerners? I get a real chuckle seeing people imitate traditions that they don't have a clue about beyond the fact it costs alot of money to do.

Do you even know where Polo originated?

Here's a clue - it was not at Smiths Lawn.

Paul

Keep ur clues Heredotus because I doubt if even you know the exact origin of the sport. Everything is generally a derivative of something else historically. I am sure the game the ancient persians, horse based nomadic society or whomever originated it is quite different than the British version which is displayed in the picture.

Your missing the point. There is nothing Asian or specifically Thai about the modern day polo matches that are attended by the well to do. They simply do it because it is marketed as an aristocratic/high society exclusiive sport. Maybe if the Thais substituted elephants for horses and the women wore something remenescent of Thai traditional clothing instead or parading around in English sundresses and bonnets/hats it would have a Thai flavor or flair.

I find it quite odd to see the elite of any culture ape the traditional trappings of British aristocracy/wealthy.

[unnecessary crap removed - KS]

Guest lazyphil

i wonder if hisos go fox hunting, with the hounds, horses, red coats etc etc, that would be a bizare thing to see, thats if in fact foxs live in thailand ::

Archived