How long do sponsors last ?

BuffHello

mate of mine just got a SMS from his tilac the other day. Sorry ****** I no can see you any more me have man falang.

He saw her one month a year for the last 4 years, she lived in Pattaya, supported her monthly and to rub salt into the wound he recieved the sms about five days prior to him depating for Thailand so he could buy a condo and live there.

I tried to tell him.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I know one guy who goes with a hooker every trip, been doing so for 5+ years, sends her money, they "fight and break up every trip" she goes off with another customer, he goes off with a girl or Katoey, the customer goes home, she comes back...ultimately, he goes home and she keeps working, over $40Kusd last I knew of, yet, he says it is "my girlfriend...this is a real relationship..." and continues to live in denial...go figure some guys...

As I said before how can any hooker you fuck a few weeks a year be "your girlfriend...?" Some guys are plain stupid...but it happens, and we all have met one we wanted to think was "different..."

oh ,

a former business partner of mine goes to China twice every year into a monastry where a so-called monk teaches him something I cannot clearly repeat here . something like looking into yourself and finding something . got it ? so far no harm , but the monastry charges hinm about 3000 USD for 12 days . plus wexpenses for room and meals .

If you did a poll here on the board if this is useful, results were probably similar to a poll if it is useful to send your " girlfriend" money every month .

It is up to the man to decide and if it makes him happy he has all he can get . Call him a fool but maybe he feels better than the ones with the expertise . Over to you .

BuBi

The extent to which this happens is amazing. I am obviously not the only one who is astounded by these "relationships" and how long they last, and yet they continue and continue.

OH is right when he says:

Frankly, I fail to see how a whore you fuck a few weeks a year, can really be considered a girl friend when you are away for 6+ months at a time. Only a fool would expect her to stay home waiting for you. And only a fool would send money and stay home waiting for her...
But there appear to plenty of fools out there. I don't know know how you could accurately measure the number and extent of sponsorship relationships, but basesd on anecdotal evidence, the number seems to be expanding exponentially.

I think cardinalblue sums it up well:

Win or lost is really dependent if the guy truly understands what is happening. Unfortunately, many deceive themselves into believing they have a GF, a wife, a friend, someone special, etc when in reality they have a sponsorship defined by their monthly contribution big or small....
From what I have seen, I think most sponsors are deceiving themselves. Think about the lengths BGs go to cover their tracks - recall the Stickman story from a few week's back; why would BGs go to such lengths if their sponsors really didn't care?

I also think the extent of sponsorship is somewhat of a recent phenomena, largely made possible by the internet, cheap long distance calls and the low costs of international text messaging. This is kind of counterintuitive to me, since I would have expected better communications to make it easier to keep tabs on your BG girlfriend and reduce the number of sponsorships. But I failed to consider human nature: self-deception triumphs over commonsense, making faster and cheaper communication have the opposite effect: keeping the flames alive and the money flowing. ::

If the guys can afford it and it makes them happy well so be it.

I have met so many Thai girls over the years who were sponsored or got married to farangs that nothing really surprises me nor frankly do i care much what other people do.

The bottom line is almost always money with the Thai woman. If you can afford it, go for it. If you are lacking in funds Thai woman can be very hazardous to your bottom line.

Old Hippie said:

As I said before how can any hooker you fuck a few weeks a year be "your girlfriend...?" Some guys are plain stupid...but it happens, and we all have met one we wanted to think was "different..."

How can a farang gal that only fucks you only a few times a year be "your wife"? Maybe the guy is being money smart by not risking 50% of his assets with a farang "wife" and getting more sex as a bonus. :stirthepo

Archived