No more columns

khunsanuk

I just sent in my donation. I actually feel like a bit of a cunt for not doing it eariler ::

It's just one of those things that I never really gave much thought to until I saw this post. KS, your efforts are appreciated! :up::beer::applause::bow:

Keep up the good work.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SpiceMan said:

God I hate spammers. I just had to change my ISP to avoid the bastards. When I joined the board I did not sign up to receive unsolicited commercial email which some asshole thinks is relevant to me, but which wastes my time and money. KS, I'm trusting you have higher ethics than this. Or should I set my email address to nospam@nowhere.org

How about this, people that donate can opt to be excluded from the mailings?

-=/NN

"God I hate spammers"

So do I. My inbox is clutered with emails from websites, often leaving me thinking 'who the hell are figleaves.com?' However, a website in which you participate in and use often sending you a newsleter now and htne is not spam. Dont be so bloody negative mate.

Its give and take. An email from a faceless company with a WHAM! BUY THIS! feel is iritating, i agree. However, an email from NP with a couple of links such as;

NEWS

'Huge fight breaks out in Gullivers last night. Australian guy hospitalised. Click here for full story and comments.'

ENTERTAINMENT

'Star Of Light bar - new owner declares 'cathouse' style happy hour from 8-10pm. Click here to read reviews.

TRAVEL

Blah Blah visa run company stoped by MIB, 5 overstayers arrested. Click here for full story.

Etc, etc etc. In amongst all of this, there may be one or two links offering condoms, cheap suk hotels etc etc. If this is irelavent to you SpiceMan, then i am confused as to why you joined NP.com. :: One email per week would wind you up? Honestly?

If a web site sends me email that I didn't ask for then its unsolicited. Unsolicited commercial email is spam by another name.

I already read the forums (obviously) so why would I want an email telling me what is in them? I joined NP for the wealth of information on the website, not to get on a mailing list. Having to delete unwanted email is a pain in the ass, even if its only once a week.

I have recently donated to the board and I don't mind clicking on the ads. Its a shame its not possible to buy Bodyguard condoms over the internet, I would have bought loads by now.

Hi,

Batty:

I am willing to set up a newsletter, but this will have to opt-in. I.e. people will need to enter their email address specifically for this newsletter, I do not want to just send out email to all members who have signed up to the site. As SpiceMan said, they did not sign up to receive these emails.

Anyway, I'll look into newsletter software this weekend.

"How about a paypal donate link as they have on some boards eg bangkoktonight?"

We have dealt with PayPal in the past and let's just say I am no fan of theirs.

SpiceMan:

"If a web site sends me email that I didn't ask for then its unsolicited. Unsolicited commercial email is spam by another name."

I agree.

Sanuk!

PS Thanks for the donations guys! Much appreciated. I'll start updating usergroups as soon as I can see who donated (my internet is totally fucked up, I can access this site, but not any other, nor can I access email. Weird :( )

Archived