No more columns

khunsanuk

Hi,

Clicking ads, yes, but I am not allowed to ask or promote that. I also do NOT want people to just click a bunch of ads often as this more likely to get my account banned than make me a lot of money. Best thing for the ads is to look at them and if there is something of interest to you to click the link and check out the advertised site.

Full-time / hobby. Luckily this is just a hobby for Jigger and I as otherwise I would have been broke long ago. The site has never made enough for even one person to live on.

Auction? Sure, why not. Might be a bit of a pain in the butt to organize though as how are those not in Thailand gonna bid / receive their goods?

Sanuk!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi.

"Surely the ads bring in quite a bit?"

I wish! To put it blunty we make less than $400 / month, and from that we need to pay server space (rack rental) and bandwidth. Even after dropping the columnists, there is not much left after paying for the above.

"Maybe might get more advertising if you pushed that a bit-published the rates or had a link if interested?"

I would love to, but I suck at marketing / sales. I'd be happy to pay a hefty commission to anyone who can bring us some advertising income though.

Sanuk!

Hi,

To clarify this a bit. A lot of the advertising you see are actually affiliation programs, meaning that unless someone actually buys from them after clicking on the banner, we make no money at all.

On top of that there are some link exchanges and charity ads as well.

Sanuk!

"To clarify this a bit. A lot of the advertising you see are actually affiliation programs, meaning that unless someone actually buys from them after clicking on the banner, we make no money at all."

KS, your affiliate links are all on a cost per acquisition basis? Why not join an affiliate network with a broad spectrum/large volume of publishers that will pay cost per click/impression? Most of the larger affiliate networks will have many advertisers on board who would see your audience as a target demographic, wouldn?t they? Not all affiliate networks are strictly CPA.

Also, why not utilise the email addresses that board members supplied when they joined NP? When people sign up to NP, is there an opt in/opt out button for use of email address? If not, im sure it would not be difficult to implement.... you could rent out the emails to a broker on a CPM basis. You must have thousands of email addresses... why not rent them out cost per thousand? Failing that, a simple newsletter would be easy to knock up and provide additional revenue stream ? look how simple Thaivisa.com?s email is; they simply bolt on a couple of links to the news section, and throw in a couple of links for advertisers. Easy, and simple. However as I said, I think it would be more profitable to go to a broker with your list (if you have enough emails)

If you can?t be bothered with the marketing, let the networks do it for you.

Hi,

"KS, your affiliate links are all on a cost per acquisition basis?"

Yes.

"Why not join an affiliate network with a broad spectrum/large volume of publishers that will pay cost per click/impression?"

Looked at a couple a while back, but the majority of ads they run are either crap (even adware / spyware at times) and / or not interesting to the members here.

"Also, why not utilise the email addresses that board members supplied when they joined NP?"

Absolutely not. I will not spam the members of this board.

"Failing that, a simple newsletter would be easy to knock up and provide additional revenue stream"

Dunno. I have looked into this a few times, but I do not have the time to create one. I could of course write something that does this automatically, but that still leaves me wondering what to include in it.

The new board has an RSS feed option, so that might help in people keeping track of what goes on on the board. Not sure if it will increase income much though.

I still think that the best way would be to get advertisers offering products or services that are of interest to the members here (like BodyGuard Condoms). We certainly have the traffic (~100,000 visits/month) and the banner space (~800,000 banners displayed per month). We're not even charging all that much, but I don't seem to be getting any advertisers.

Now I should of course go out and find them, but with a full-time job spending the time doing so is not worth it.

If anybody is interested though, I have no problem paying a hefty commission to anyone who can help us sign up an advertiser.

Sanuk!

Ain't no such thing as a free lunch, possums. Seems really strange that on a board where P4P is a big (the biggest?) interest, nobody has suggested the obvious - pay for what you are getting.

Maybe khunsanuk is too shy to ask for donations, but I'm not too shy to suggest it on his behalf. If even a fraction of everyone who reads or participates regularly on Nana Plaza donated $25 or 20 euros a year, it would go a long way to deferring the board's expenses.

Come on, cheap Charlies! Give back a little of all the money you've saved through reading the tips on Nana Plaza. Pay a little something for all the hours of entertainment you've received.

And I have put my money where my mouth is. So I'm proposing a little contest. Who'll be the first one to top the amount I donated? Obviously khunsanuk knows how much it is, but to make things more intereresting, I propose keeping it secret. Only thing that would be made public is who is the current top donator in the campaign.

Yes or no, baby ducks? In any case, my donation is in.

Evel Penivel

:devil:

Archived