More rewards for illeagals

Old Hippie

IMO

1. Lazy government workers and officials.

Ever since 9/11 you have a make an appointment two weeks in advance to see *** any *** US government worker/official. It includes; INS, US Embassy personnel, etc.

Try to get something rushed thru...ha-ha-ha! good luck, it will not happen. I have a friend, his wife is Japanese with a green card and they have been trying for four years to get it renewed...4 years!!! Last time she came back into the USA, the airport immigration "fined" her $250 because her green card was expired...dahhhh...like get INS off their azzz!!! They even went to their US Senator and he tried but got nowhere.

2. Money.

I found that things usual boil down to $$$.

They claim the illegals supply low cost labor and that California strawberries would jump in cost to $10 a pint if the farmers had to use legal labor.

Ever look at the cost of oil lately? gas? Seems like that price can go to the sky but give a legal worker a decent paying job...hell, we can't do that!!!!

Ka ka el toro, I say!!!!!!!!!!!!! ::

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

La gente de Aztlan! Haven't heard that idiocy mentioned in ages.

The totally absurb thing is that the rulers of the Mayans (and maybe the Aztecs) claimed their ancestors came from a land now sunken under the sea -- and pointed out into the Caribbean. In other words, they claimed their ancestors came from Atlantis! (Mayan ruins have been found off the seacoast in lands that did indeed sink.)

Note that this was only the rulers, not the ordinary pre-Hispanic Mexicans. So you had (hopefully past tense) these loonies claiming that the US southwest really belonged to them because they were Atlanteans! L. Ron Hubbard couldn't have done better.

Basically, the present US southwest was empty at the time of the 1846-48 US-Mexican War, which Mexico incidentally was just as eager for as the US govmt. (Mexico was convinced it would win.) California had about 20,000 non-Indian inhabitants, of which a thousand or so were US, UK or Russian nationals. There were no settlements at all in what is now Nevada, Utah and southern Colorado. In Arizona, the northernmost "town" was Tucson. New Mexico had a thriving little community along the upper Rio Grande, but the Hispanics were still outnumbered by the Indians -- whom they often captured to use as slaves. Texas was so empty that the Mexican government actively encouraged Americans to settle there. (Not a swift move.)

Also, southernmost Arizona-New Mexico was SOLD to the US by the Mexican government (the Gadsden Purchase). Santa Ana was back in as Mexican prez and needed money.

BadaBing said:

Sheesh Mac , that's a history lesson there , so , I own a home in the San Fernando Valley in Los Angeles..... who really owns it , the Native Americans , Mexicans... or myself.... :dunno:

Bada :beer: Bing

Oh wow, like ytou own a house in the valley? Narley! that is like so rad bitchin and tubular...I would sayyou like totally for sure own like your like your home , but I mean god, like totally no way any Indian or mexican can say he owns it like I think NO way!

Flahermac, you call Valley slang English? :)

BadaBing said:

Sheesh Mac , that's a history lesson there , so , I own a home in the San Fernando Valley in Los Angeles..... who really owns it , the Native Americans , Mexicans... or myself.... :dunno:

Bada :beer: Bing

Ah, I'll have to look for a freeway sign that proclaims "Rancho Badabing Adobe" next week. :)

While in Jr.Hi and Sr. Hi I had two Mexican girl friends...well, not REAL cozy...just movie dates--Gloria Vasquez...stunning, tall, great Spanish dancer. A year or so after H.S. graduation was a whore dancer in "Sweet Charity". But Sherri Sepulveda was the one I really, really, really wanted to fornicate with. Sherri had tits no ordinary woman should be allowed to possess. Beautiful, creamy white skin, dark hair...OMG. She was a decendant of the Sepulveda family (as in Sepulveda Blvd.--longest street in L.A. County). Her ansestor's had a Mexican land grant that included about 90% of the Palos Verdes Peninsula. Don't know what she was doing living in my town :) FWIW, I don't think either were "wet" LOL !

HH

Here's the latest...

US Senate agrees on immigation

Washington (dpa) - US senators said this morning (Thailand time) they had reached an agreement paving the way for a sweeping reform of the nation's immigration laws, including how to handle some 11-12 million illegal resident "Robin Hoods".

The deal is an attempt to bridge divisions between senators - Republicans as well as opposition Democrats - who proposed letting all illegal immigrants earn US citizenship eventually and hardliners who reject anything that smacks of an amnesty.

"I'm pleased that Republicans and Democrats in the United States Senate are working together to get a comprehensive immigration bill," US President George W. Bush said.

He acknowledged that some details would still need to be worked out, but encouraged the Senate to pass legislation by Friday.

The deal would put illegal immigrants in three groups.

- Those who have been in the US for more than five years would be allowed to stay and have to fulfil certain requirements to eventually become citizens, such as paying a fine and back taxes, learning English and passing a criminal background check.

- Those who have been in the country for less than five but more than two years would have to leave, but would be allowed to re-enter as temporary workers with a chance to become US citizens in the future.

- Illegal immigrants who have been in the country for less than two years would be required to leave, but could get in line with all other people hoping to work in the US.

If the bill passes, Senate negotiators will meet with leaders of the House of Representatives, which approved a much tougher version of immigration reform in December, to iron out differences.

Old Hippie said:He acknowledged that some details would still need to be worked out, but encouraged the Senate to pass legislation by Friday.

The devil is ALWAYS is the "details". How in the fuck can these idiots vote on something they know squat about? Mai pen lai. I'll be surprised it gets a Senate approval in it's present form unless some changes/details are tacked on. And, even then, I don't think the House will buy into it at all without added enforcement provisions added. Kennedy wants it passed tomorrow so he can go to Florida for Spring Break. Mc Cain wants it passed so he can run his Presidential campaign on "solving" the immigration issue. He might not realize it, but I think he blew his foot off on this one.

HH

Archived