How to deal with HIV and STD fear?

Topcatta

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Somehow I thought or imagined that YOU are the worm for your BFs's hook? No? Hmmm.What to do? Well...Staying lean with a full head of hair,lots of smiles and fluent Thai I guess helps for me but like anywhere its not easy with the kine-kine chicks. You know... the really fine ones.Of course if you want to shoot fish in a barrell well go to SC but for me its not so much fun. I prefer the whole adventure when its mutual and it seems, or appears, that they really do like me.Alas sometimes its just a game as well. But oh what a game. :)

I am avoiding the hot season outside of LOS right now and back ina month or so keep me posted on your plan of action.. :)

I caught Gonorrhea from having sex with BG and FL. I don't know which girl gave it to me. I found out what I had after a girl I had sex with showed me her doctors report.

You CAN catch HIV from oral sex but it's highly unlikely you'll catch anything from non-genital contact.

Diseases gained in Thailand through sex (and everywhere else in

the world). It's "not" about AIDS, since it's covered in the medias

and a lot of people know about it.

It's about the less critical diseases you can get and the harder to

diagnose diseases. I don't blame anyone who has sex in Thailand, I just

want

you to know what to go for when some of the symptoms occur. It's not

likely people go to the doctor and say:" Hey, I had sex x times with

bar girls so what are things with these symptoms?"

So this here to help you.

Assuming you use condoms, they are not 100% safe. And there are still

bar girls and tourists not using them.

Epstein-Barr Virus (EBV):

It's called the kissing virus, so you can guess how it is transmitted.

It's very difficult to diagnose, because the symptoms are like flu, high

fever, weakness etc. It's a herpes virus so it stays in your body

forever.

Normally it is not bad, but: It can cause the following:

- high fever for weeks

- when your immune system is weak it will come back and make it worse

- it can cause CFS (chronic fatigue syndrome).

CFS is very bad because few people they know they have it and it's hard

to get rid of it. In fact you have to change your lifestyle. But there

are books on it.

Stronger Evidence Found Linking Epstein-Barr Virus And Risk Of Multiple Sclerosis

Researchers from the Harvard School of Public Health, Kaiser Permanente, and a team of collaborators have found further evidence implicating the Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) as a possible contributory cause to multiple sclerosis (MS). The study appears in the advance online edition of the June 2006 issue of Archives of Neurology.

MS is a chronic degenerative disease of the central nervous system. Women are more likely than men to get the disease and it is the most common neurologically disabling disease in young adults. Although genetic predisposition plays an important role in determining susceptibility, past studies have shown that environmental factors are equally important.

EBV is a herpes virus and one of the most common human viruses worldwide. Infection in early childhood is common and usually asymptomatic. Late age at infection, however, often causes infectious mononucleosis. In the U.S., upwards of 95% of adults are infected with the virus, but free of symptoms. EBV has been associated with some types of cancer and can cause serious complications when the immune system is suppressed, for example, in transplant recipients. There is no effective treatment for EBV.

The study population was made up of more than 100,000 members of the Kaiser Permanente Northern California (KPNC) health plan, who provided blood specimens as part of medical examinations between 1965 and 1974. The KPNC maintained the medical records of all its members, including those who provided specimens, in electronic databases. Between 1995 and 1999, those databases were searched for evidence that would indicate a possible diagnosis of MS.

The researchers selected 42 individuals diagnosed with MS and that had serum specimens collected before the date of diagnosis. Two controls for each case were then selected from the serum database and matched by sex, date of blood collection, and age at time of blood collection.

The study?s main finding was that antibodies?proteins produced by the body to fight infection?to the Epstein-Barr nuclear antigen (EBNA) complex and its component EBNA-1 in individuals with MS were elevated up to 20 years before the first symptoms of the disease and persisted thereafter. Lead author Gerald N. DeLorenze, Ph.D., Kaiser Permanente Division of Research, and his colleagues cite three other studies?the Nurses? Health Study, a U.S. army personnel study, and a study in Vasterbotten County, northern Sweden?that also showed a similar finding, but none of the previous studies could draw data from blood samples collected two decades or longer before the onset of MS symptoms.

?Collectively, the results of this and the previous studies provide compelling evidence that infection with EBV is a risk factor in the development of MS,? said Alberto Ascherio, senior author of the study and Associate Professor of Nutrition and Epidemiology at Harvard School of Public Health.

Although there is strong evidence of an association between EBV and MS risk, researchers are still uncertain how the Epstein-Barr virus contributes to the inflammation of the myelin?the protective coating around the nerve fibers?that leads to the debilitating disease. The fact that EBV infects B-lymphocytes, cells of the immune system that are part of our defenses against infection, seems to fit with the evidence of immune dysfunction in MS, but rigorous work remains to be done to unravel the molecular mechanisms.

The authors note that the mounting evidence that relates EBV infection to other autoimmune diseases, particularly systemic lupus, suggests that EBV may have a broad role in predisposing genetically susceptible individuals to autoimmune reactions and that comparative studies of EBV, MS, and lupus could be useful to find new clues to their possible commonalities.

?Discovering strong risk factors is the task of epidemiologists and an important initial step in finding ways to diagnose, treat, and prevent MS,? said Ascherio. ?A focused multidisciplinary effort is now needed to complete the puzzle and thus open the door to new therapeutic approaches.?

Topcatta said:

+ Where are the places to meet them?

Anywhere. Just have a mind that is consistently looking for opportunities.

Could happen shopping at the mall, but it is easier at purely social events.

Honestly, I don't know how easy it would be as a woman. As a man, many non-pro Thai girls are aggressive. They'll be relatively forward and say things like, "I really like you..." and the flirtation takes off.

Topcatta said:

Even when a girl is really into me and all touchy feely I dont believe she wants sex or baht but put it on 'normal' that girls are into touching each other.

Yes, but I think the curiousity is in the back of the mind. As a seducer, it is up to you to bring it to the forefront. You can even express your own curiousity by asking if you can go to the bathroom to look at her breast to see the difference between farang and Thai (if you were in a disco or some such). If you can get your hand on her breast, you should be able to tell if she's receptive to other things or just curious.

Topcatta said:

+ Do you need more time to make the deal than with BGs? In the sense that I dont have a week to spare just to socialize and 'find' a suitable fuck.

I think the question you are asking is how do you weed out the fun folks from the non-fun professionals who ask, "Are you done yet? Can I go?". Establishing a real positive repoire in the bar is the best indicator in my experience, but it isn't a foolproof method by any means :(

As for non-pro's versus pro's... Thai women are like women all over the world. They are all curious and sexual beings. If you meet a woman outside or the "scene" or in a mixed pro/non-pro scene, then I would make the assumption that the woman isn't a pro. Talk to her. If she's looking for money or a "gift" it should be evident at some point. If the woman has her own job (which should come up in regular chit chat) then I wouldn't think about payment, just fun. If the woman doesn't have a job, I would want to provide a gift, and make sure it's presented as a gift and not as payment :)

Sex here is much different than back in America where hypocritical morality is always hanging around somewhere. It's here in Thailand too, but much less of a factor.

<<burp>>

• 3 weeks later...

hmm...a very good question. though you have to realize, TC, as a woman going down on women you are in a very, very low risk group...certainly for HIV. there have been NO verified cases to date of female-to-female transmission that way. you're in way more danger with a boy.

that said, there are plenty of STDs you can get. I can only speak from my own experience: since I've been living in thigh land, I've been with probably 200 women. most of those encounters have been with condoms, but probably 20% have not. I'm not proud of that, just the facts.

anyway, here's the negative stuff I've encountered: several unspecified infections, which were cleared up by self-prescribed doses of antibiotics (mostly urinary tract stuff); one case of a rare form of gonnherea (not sure where it came from), which I ended up being hospitalized for for three days because they didn't (so they said) know what it was...scary!! that's it. and this includes 6 months spent with a thai girlfriend who it turns out was HIV-positive the whole time I was with her (in retrospect she most likely got it from doing intravenous drugs, a habit she had before meeting me). I've been tested multiple times and it's been years since my last contact with her; despite months and months of unprotected sex, I came out totally unscathed...

that's it. so in reality, yeah, you can catch stuff. a friend got gonnherea from a blow job n patpong...but it's fairly unlikely. life is too short to deprive yourself of pleasure just out of fear...as long as you're reasonably safe.

as for where to meet like-minded women around here...I'd have to say (see my "clueless thai BG" post in the nightlife section) that maybe the girlie bars are not your best bet...at least in BKK; it's been my observation that there are a lot more BGs into such things--or at least understanding of advenurous farang women's needs and desires--in pattaya. that said, you can still find some gems. I know of one girl (dances in a gogo in nanaplaza) who absolutely lives to eat pussy, and once in awhile we go out hunting together, mostly with very pleasant results...PM me if you want contact info for her), and they're out there, just hard to find.

where you might have much better luck, especially if you're outgoing, as some responses suggested, is in the more hi-so bars of BKK--places like Q Bar, Bed, and others, where the thai women tend to be more educated, self-confident, and sexually adventurous. working class girls--and let's face it, that's what BGs are--of any country are generally not the place to look for bisexuality or sexual adventure, any more than working class guys are...

preahko

Archived