Anybody else have this nasty bug going around?

It's a flu, cold, sinus infection? All I know is that if I ever get a cold, it lasts 1-2 days. This one has lasted 5 and is still hanging on, but is dying out.

Symptoms are head feeling like it is going to explode, slight sore throat, nasty green shit either blown out of the nose or hack up from the throat and no energy. Maybe a slight fever (felt like it, but no thermo or tirak to check)

I tried all the usual stuff that works for me like excessive: garlic, multivitamins, citrus and rest. Doses of antihistimines to be able to breathe enough to sleep and Tylenol. Etc. No joy.

I finally went to the pharmacy to get something. He suggested I try an antibiotic, Roxithromycin (600mg first day, then 300mg/day for eight days after that) in addition to the above and it is clearing up.

Nasty shit!

Cheers,

SD

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to hear that you have it but pleased to hear that I am not alone. After 4 days of cold, sinus pain, aches and sore throat I decided on a 5 day course of amoxycilin. Then had 2 days out of it, not even wanting/able to leave the room, living on room service. Then a gradual improvement but still chesty 3 days after finishing the antibiotics. Have had 3 cold/flu clear winters in the UK and come down during the hot season in Bangkok! Nasty things these viruses and no way to avoid. I exercise eat well and take vits but when your time is due that seems to be it.

Get Well

when you first feel something ( bug) comming on to your system, get to a chinese med shop and get ganmaoling.

stuff is cheep, works for me , no side effects.

wonderlust said:

Antibiotics have no effect at all on viruses so you wasted the amoxycilin but possibly decreased its effectiveness should you ever really need it.

Yes, thanks very much I do know all of that! The amoxycilin was not wasted as the bug had developed into a chest infection - bacterial.

Archived