Midnite loses a customer over 20 minutes

Ranger

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I pulled 2 girls from Midnoght in the last few trips...all o.k. but that "wait she hasto dance now shit" is rediculis...she'll miss he next set, so what is the difference if she misses this one...these mamasans are dim witted! I figure it might have been a ploy to get a bribe, more lady drinks, or more drinks from the customers...just plain stupid...

As for farang owners, as some of you know, the farang manager of "no name bar" used to just irritate me, nothing directly, it was just his weird vibe, he's gone (which apparently makes the girls happier) and the good vibe is back!

The last time I visited Midnite was 2 years ago. I thought the atmosphere and attitude was pretty bad. It seems it has gotten worse. :yikes:

I stay away from the mamasans except for the few I know from when they were dancers or dek servers. It seems each year I visit fewer and fewer gogos. Last time over 3 week period I visited,

Fantasia - NEP

Silver Dragon - NEP

Rawhide - SC

Shark - SC

Suzy Wong - SC

Over the last decade I have struggled to understand Thai characterists, this article provided an insight.

http://lox1.loxinfo.co.th/%7Esniphon/ specifically look at 5.1 Ego orientation

In my own business trying to install a customer service mentality has been an ongoing issue. I am often accused by my employees of "only seeing the customers view" or " you think more of your customers than of us". Despite 4 years of counselling they still believe the employee is always right.

The mamasans and bar owners don?t give a damn if you walk out and never come back. And it doesn?t matter how good a customer you have been in the past or how much money you have dropped there over the years. I know, it seems a strange way to run a business, but it?s the Thai way.
There is some truth to this. I suspect it happens because "face" is more important than the amount of money involved, and because, at least in my experience, less educated Thais (particularly those in this business) tend to take a short term view on business matters.

Ranger said: I had a new regular on my lap and asked her if she wanted to go now. Enthusiastic yes, so gave her the barfine money and she handed it to the mamasan who scolded her rudely and then came over and told me that I would have to wait until 9 pm (20 minutes) as it was this girls turn to dance...

...and she sent the girl off to dance. I paid my bill and left.

Ranger

What happened to the barfine money?

Did the Mamasan give it back to you?

Many many years past, something similar happened at the Toy Bar. Paid a bf for a lady, said 'let's go.' Mamasan came over and said she must "dance in show" I said 'Not today. I paid barfine.' The show was due to start in about 30 minutes. Fuck if I'm going to sit around for that shite. Told the lady, 'change your clothes and let's go now, or, {I told the Mamasan}, please give me my barfine back'

She changed her clothes and off we went.

Fatbastard said:

Over the last decade I have struggled to understand Thai characterists, this article provided an insight.

http://lox1.loxinfo.co.th/%7Esniphon/ specifically look at 5.1 Ego orientation

Great link, Fatbastard. I only read the part you specifically mentioned, but I do agree it was insightful, especially for one who doesn't live in Thailand, and I'll go back and read more.

Archived