Torrent problems

khunsanuk

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While your card might be new it's not up-to-date. Geforce 5500 is roughly the same as a Geforce 5200, therefore minimum requirement for the game.

I am not a gamer therefore I don't spend hundreds of euros on video cards. And when I try to play one of the newest games I got the same problems that you have. Which results in playing even less because it's no fun.

Found a link. It's in german but I know you can read it: look here

Hi,

Hmm, looks like I might need to upgrade if I want to play this.

The thing is that while I am an avid player, I tend to play mainly RPGs and RTS, neither of which (usually) require heavy duty graphics cards.

For the graphics intensive games I have a PS2 as well :)

Sanuk!

What about one of your kidneys?

So while you got the game quite cheap it's gonna cost you.

Maybe ATI Radeon X1600 Pro or Nvidia Geforce 6600.

Both are usually used in PCI Express cards but also available for AGP. So watch out to get the right slot for the mainboard.

No idea about prices in Thailand. Here it's between 90 and 170 euros (the higher price usually get you a X1600 XT or 6600 GT which are somewhat faster).

And these cards need cooling, can be quite loud.

Fatbastard said:

KS How long did it take to Download 4Gb. I have just downloaded one episode of the Soprano's (6) that was 350 MB and that took about 36 hours on True, at that rate if I was to try 4Gb i would be well and truly off the planet before finishing. Mind you I did get it finished and enjoyable watching it was too.

Maybe a trip to Pantip? Last visit, I picked up every available episode of Sopranos there, they looked like they had the lot to date, couldn't resist it and am chuffed!

Hi,

"So while you got the game quite cheap it's gonna cost you."

Ironic, isn't it? ;)

"Maybe ATI Radeon X1600 Pro or Nvidia Geforce 6600."

ASUS "N6600LE/TD/256" nVidia GeForce 6600LE 256MB 128-bit DDR DVI TV-Out 8xAGP Retail -> 3,940 Baht

Chaintech "SA6600" nVidia GeForce 6600 128MB DDR 128-bit DVI TV-Out 8xAGP Retail -> 4,170 Baht

ASUS "N6600/TD/256" nVidia GeForce 6600 256MB DDR 128-bit DVI TV-Out 8xAGP Retail -> 4,540 Baht

ASUS "N6600/TD/128" nVidia GeForce 6600 128MB DDR 128-bit DVI TV-Out 8xAGP Retail -> 4,650 Baht

Could not find any prices for the Radeon.

Not certain yet if I will buy a new GFX card though, I tend to not play games long (get bored easily with them). And 4,000 Baht just play a game is a bit taking the piss I think.

Guess it'll depend a bit on whether or not I get a nice dividend payment soon.

Sanuk!

Fatbastard said:

I have just downloaded one episode of the Soprano's (6) that was 350 MB and that took about 36 hours on True...

I believe all of the latest Sopranos episodes have been bombarded with computers sending bad data. To get one 350 mb episode, I had to download a bit over 2.5 gigs of data.

They seem to be targeting specific shows. I'm staying away from Sopranos for now.

I recently downloaded Crash. Damn that's a good movie!!!

<<burp>>

Archived