New server

khunsanuk

Hi,

Looks like I cannot update the config file (guess Jigger has it set to read-only). Oh well, I guess we can live with it for a week or 2.

Jigger has contacted the people who wrote FusionBB and they'll be doing the import for us. I asked about a timeframe and Jigger figured probably within 2 weeks, but please do not hold us to it.

Sanuk!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi KS,

In any event, the site seems to be finally up to par, speed wise, with the rest of the world.

I think has detracted many of us from visiting here, due to fustrations with speedy connection. Glad to see you are getting solution worked out! Might also bring in more advertising $$ for you.

Good Luck! :)

HT

Hi,

Yes, I agree that speed issues have likely caused a decline in postings. Our intention is to send out an open invitation to all members (especially those who haven't visited in a while) to come and check out the new server.

This will likely be send out a week or 2 after going live, giving us the time to fix any issues arising from the move.

We are hoping that the new design and features will cause some of those people who frequented this board before to start frequenting it again.

As for advertising $$, just today I spoke to a customer of our company who will start advertising here soon, and he for one was quite pleased with the name change from NP.com to Thai360.com.

So, let's hope that the new - non-nightlife related - name will result in an increase in both posters and advertisers.

Sanuk!

khunsanuk said:

Hi,

"All the photos are gone."

Yes, that is one of the issues we are aware off. The photos are not gone though, just the thumbnails, which I think we should be able to regenerate.

Sanuk!

Looks like that besides the thumbnails also all entries after 2nd or 3rd April have been deleted.

Couple of entries in the gallery as well as various comments on the latest contest.

Archived