Favorite drink on a hot day?

limbo

Chai Yen is good,But sometimes too sweet. Cold beer with ice,but drinking it fast,in a chilled glass also. Drinking it fast before it gets too watery.

Gin and tonic as long as its not from a gogo bar. They do the worst gin and tonics,flat tonic,seeds floating around in it,bad gin. Seems to be the only spirit that changes colour under ultraviolet light.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few questions on Gin Tonic, since I like them myself;

First, is it true that GT's can make you depressive?

Secondly, quality of Gin, Beefeater goes for about 4or 500,-Baht or even less, but there's bottles out there for 800,- baht. Are they worthwhile?

I m not sure if Gin is depressive or not Limbo. I think I ve heard that before also.

I find it ok. I think maybe if you are inclined to get depression then maybe. But I think that goes for all alcohol and especially spirits.

I think beefeater is fine. I wouldnt buy ur real cheap bottles but I do think the mid range priced ones are fine. UNless your really particular and dont mind paying 2 times more I would stick to the mid market ones. I ve never had any problems with the stuff.

I started drinking gin because I thought the tonic water would help for hydration when drinking it. I do find though that gin tinics can give you acid reflux and heart burn.

A friend told me about red diesels. When I ask waht it was he told me,that it was vodka with water and a dash of blackcurrent. Very easy to drink. Said it would help with hangovers because its in a long glass full of water.

I always found it was the same feeling the morning after whatever. Maybe work well in BKK though with all the sweating.

Imo, Bombay is. You appreciate Bombay's qualities better in a martini then mixing same with tonic water as the "essence" is lost to some degree.

Your quote:

Secondly, quality of Gin, Beefeater goes for about 4or 500,-Baht or even less, but there's bottles out there for 800,- baht. Are they worthwhile?

<<First, is it true that GT's can make you depressive?>>

There is a well known old "englishh" saying, "Women who drink Gin come to a no good end"

I have heard the depressive theory many times, but no proof.

A "Ladies" drink as the smell of it is almost perfume like, and easy to cover up, as is vodka.

And yes, I LOVE the way Tonic Water glows, even in the day time you'll see a faint blue glow from the natural UV in the sky.

Gin is cheap here, the Indian ones and are good as are the eastern european ones for a cheap decent drink

DOG

Pale Rider said: Imo, Bombay is. You appreciate Bombay's qualities better in a martini then mixing same with tonic water as the "essence" is lost to some degree.

Don't know about the Martini thing but I do agree that the old Bombay Saphire is the best gin. Baht 330 for a double, during happy hour in Longs Bar in Dubai.

Come on Cent.... tell the truth....

Any one of the 37 beers at the falang connection would have been a more believable answer...

Or what about that fantastic Irish whiskey you bring over....ND told me it was really good and proved it by emptying the last of the bottle before you arrived that night...

I really felt bad about that.....for at least 7 or 8 ........seconds...lol...

It was rather good though....what's it called again.

Cheers

Archived