Ambian ain't shit...

Old Hippie

I have chronic insomnia...I took 10mg Ambian an hour ago, ziltch, nada, zip...still ready to go run a marathon...mind racing a mile a minute and I can't sleep...need to wake up in 3+ hours to work the night shift...any suggestions? this night work is killing me, and changing shifts is not an option...

Keep off caffein, walk for an hour afterwork, don't go to bed till you're tired. Read or watch TV, try to let nature take it's course. Failing that ask a doctor about a sleep therapist. Drugs will work eventually but the habit can be hard to break.

This is advice from someone who has always slept 7 hours a night whether he needs it or not and usually catches an afternoon nap in front of the TV. :-)

Guest lazyphil

old hippie is exercising, or least he better had be for the upcoming epic bike ride this side of the pond....its public now OH, so no backing out now!

Try giving Ambien another shot and don?t expect it to knock you out as it doesn?t work like that. Take it just before bedtime and then hit the sack. Don?t for instance take it, sit on the sofa and start watching TV etc. waiting for it to make you drowsy. I?ve been using it for several years now and the stuff does work. You might try increasing the dosage to 15 mg?s if the above advice fails to help.

ST

Not sure if you've tried Melatonin - this is a supplement that's actually recommended to help adjust to Jet lag or any situation where your 'body clock' is out of whack. I take 3 mg (non time release version from GNC) about an hour before intended sleep time. Not perfect but seems to help.

Archived