Ambian ain't shit...

Old Hippie

Nervous_Dog said:

<<maybe I just "think to mut..." >>

Nah - you just look like one

Since his mind races a mile a minute and he hangs around you, might be a good time for OH to change his name to Nervous Mut ::

Personally I cannot adjust to sleeping normal hours. I have a normal daytime job, but no matter how tired i am i cannot sleep before 2am, sometimes 3 or 4am. So i get 4 or 5 hours sleep. Affects quality of life since i'm always tired at work.

For me, the best shift is the second shift, 14:00-22:30. I get a lot done, seem to sleep better etc...trouble with midnight shift is, I can't get shit done...I finish work at 06:30...nothing to do...yeah, I can exercise or box, but I have the knee trouble which curtails that... but in terms of hanging out, or socializing...zilch...the other problem is, I want to sleep between 12-20:00 or so...5-6 "Good" hours is o.k. but I was staying awake the better part of 35 hours...with little or no sleep...the Ambien is now seeming to help...maybe took a few days...

• 2 weeks later...

I've recently knocked out coffee and all alcohol from my diet. I'm increasing the amount of exercise I get at the same time.

I've also stopped taking the valium and I'm finding myself sleeping more normally.(6 hours at a time)

I know this probably doesn't help with the night shift routine. Perhaps some exercise and a good book.

• 2 weeks later...
Old Hippie said:

Oddly, I am having a bit of a depression as well...I thought midlife crises...seems worse with the Ambien...I'll ask the doc for something else...

OH, ask the doctor to test you for stress. I recently visited the doctor with stress and sleep problems and he asked about a dozen or so questions about guilt, anxiety, suicide, etc.

After finishing, he prescribed a medication that makes me feel better during the day and I sleep better at night. Wow! I've only been on it a week but I sure hope this works out.

all good advice so far, be sure not to eat at least 3 hrs before you take it,

otherwise it will kick in too late ( about the time you need to get up most likely)

Archived