Please Don't Call them Whores!

zanemay

I have to agree with Bembaman on this. I saw the movie 'Pretty Woman' a couple of days ago on my flight back from the LOS. There is a certain fantasy about 'The hooker with the golden heart' which is fully played up in the movie. Perhaps such a thing exists, but good luck finding one. .

I use the word 'hooker' or 'bargirl' to refer to prostitutes, but have no objection to the word 'whore'. If it has a negative connotation, it is because the vast majority of prostitutes are not Julia Roberts on Hollywood Blvd. They are people who, unlike Berbaman's ladyfriend, are looking for an easy way through life. Same as all the taxi-mafia, scamsters, lying touts and other misc. scum who prey on unwary tourists in the LOS.

JG

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote:

She is not bad looking and could earn more in one hour spreading her legs than she does in a month at work. She does not. Why? Cos she is not a bar whore, that's why. Get it?

hear hear, with no disrespect intended to anyone trying to make a buck. That said however, making a buck is the entire point of the exercise.

I have been telling people that prostitution in thailand is characterised by mutual denial. the girl does not necessarily want to be called a whore and the "sanuker", to borrow that ridiculous term, does not wish see himself as a john. The result: 1000 baht worht of taxi fare home in the morning "Sorry, you'll have to take the thousand, i don't have any small bills"

how convenient.

That, quite simply, is what it is. why mince words orther than to alleviate your sqeamishness over your own invlovement in the whole game.

Enjoy it. why not? But do not try to convince yourself that it is healthy or innocent. You all love to fuck women for money just as much as they love the money you spend. You remain in control (until something goes wrong) you hide from your wives, or if you are like me, you just manage to avoid the inconvenience of a jealous mate while enjoying variety.

cheers

bkk_nsr

bkk_nsr,

You use the term 'you' quite liberally which implies finger-pointing. Shouldn't you be using the term 'some people' or even 'we' seeing as you admit to playing a part in this 'game'?

"making a buck is the entire point of the exercise"

You state the very obvious.

"..do not try to convince yourself that it is healthy or innocent."

I don't have to convince myself of anything. For me it's very healthy (and fun!) and it never was innocent. Also, I have no illusion of taxi fares to 'alleviate squeamishness' with my involvelment in this 'game'. I am a happy player, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

"You all love to fuck women for money just as much as they love the money you spend.."

I just love to fuck.

"Enjoy it. why not?...if you are like me, you just manage to avoid the inconvenience of a jealous mate while enjoying variety."

So we all enjoy these 'whores' don't we.

You also stated that you have..

"..no disrespect intended to anyone trying to make a buck"

So show some respect! This, incidentally contradicts your main contention. I think I'd be correct to assume your main argument is that it (prostitution in thailand) is a disrespectful occupation, that it's not 'healthy', is characterised by 'denial' and, for some involved in the 'game', produces a 'squeamishness' that requires alleviation.) ..??

Well...So maybe if we all try and show a little respect, starting with a more respectable term than 'whores', then there would be none of your 'squeamishess to alleviate, none of your 'denial' to face, and none of your 'unhealthy' feelings about the situation.

p.s. IMHO all these terms are just words and I don't give a toss who uses them. It's the attitude that counts. Treat them like trash and they will treat you like trash, a human reaction. Treat them nice and you might be surprised. These girls (with the odd-exception) deserve respect for what they do. Agree or not?

Enjoy your sanuking.

=====================================

Dan

quote:

Originally posted by Dan:

bkk_nsr,

p.s. IMHO all these terms are just words and I don't give a toss who uses them. It's the attitude that counts. Treat them like trash and they will treat you like trash, a human reaction. Treat them nice and you might be surprised. These girls (with the odd-exception) deserve respect for what they do. Agree or not?

Couldn't agree with you more Dan. Words don't mean anything. They only mean what we

take them to mean. It doesn't really matter what word you use. It's how you treat them that counts. Techincally these girls are whores (they have sex for money) and technically we are all whoremongers (we associate with whores), but so what? I'm not going to feel ashamed or gulity just because someone tags a word to me. OK... So call me a whoremonger. I'm happy and proud to be one!

-FB

Is it just me or is everyone else seem to be using their "spare" login names on this thread for some reason?

I NEVER call them whores - in fact I treat them with the utmost respect and insist on marrying them BEFORE having sex, even for shortimes.

I am therefore up to 3 digits in wives now (excluding Ladyboys) - I just hope they never start looking for alimony shocked.gif" border="0

People are like that: Some will do anything for money, others won't. Who's more worthy of your respect

No question that I respect the regular working girls here. But we're not talking about the regular girls here, and we are talking about a lot of girls with limited options – a lot of these girls may have a tough time getting even the low paying dept. store jobs. Maybe they’re just selling out to the highest bidder, something many of us in our own worlds do every day. But I respect their choices and respect them if they’re decent people.

On my last trip I got into a discussion with a bg who had recently started working, she said "before I have no money, now I have money". It was simple - but the way she said it, you could feel what it was like for her to have nothing.

quote:

Originally posted by Sid_Hateful:

..if you took away the taint of prostitution from the country I'd be willing to bet even more people would visit.

'taint'?

Do you mean that if Thailand promoted an un-tainted image of prostitution.. ie, mentally sound, well-adjusted, happy independent working gals with impeccable working standards more people would come and visit? I'm sure this would happen. Or perhaps do you mean if prostitution was erradicated altogether? - Well then, I think you'd be wrong. We all (believe it or not) have a fascination with this seamy side to Bangkok I think. Even that fat middle-aged, red-faced, sweat drenched western couple on the sky train with their Central Chitlom shopping bags... I'm sure they enjoy the spectacle of it all. I'm also sure that she is holding his hand very tightly. laugh.gif" border="0

Bangkok, City Of Angels. It says it all really.

=====================================

Dan

Whores! They are not in denial so why are you? Don't kid yourself. This is a pathetic thread. It makes me fucking weep listening to this pathetic drivel.

Let me tell you about my girlfriend. Earns B6,000 per month working 7 days a week running her own shop. Opens 10 am closes anywhere between 10-12 pm. Does not prostitute herself. Has to pay the Police B1,000 per month out of her B6,000 (yes, a fucking computer games shop! Surprised, newbies to Thailand or 'starry eyed, rose tinted specs occasional visitors' to LOS?). Never asks for anything despite me trying to spend money on her to no avail. I have just this week paid for her grandma's funeral because she was distraught and humiliated in not having the money to do it herself. Never says "sexy man, I love you, where you go, you go short time, I fuck you tonight, you buy me coooollllaaaa etc..."

She is not bad looking and could earn more in one hour spreading her legs than she does in a month at work. She does not. Why? Cos she is not a bar whore, that's why. Get it?

Fine, fuck them (as I have) , have fun with them (as I have)and most of them are lovely girls, but do not forget what they are or why they do it (as I, at least, do not). As an experiment, ask them, "tonight, you fuck for free?" Good luck! (yes, I know, we have all had the odd freebie here and there but the point remains)

I am fed up of all this shite about bar girls. Get real and wise up.

Sure it’s just a word. I don’t know why I find this discussion interesting; has something to do with the various reactions that everyone has.

Random observations:

Heard many times here and elsewhere: “We fuck these girls, of course they are whores”… Sure, I fuck ‘em too… often and vigorously, I might add. But, I fucked my ex-wife, was she a whore? (Actually, cost me more than any whore ever could). Your Dad fucked you mother at least once, was she? And your sister, your Aunt, etc…

Sure it’s just a word. Any English speaker knows the meaning of the word, but the IMPACT varies from country to country.

Words don’t mean the same to all English speakers. For example, I walk up to a guy in a bar and say “how ya doing, poofter?”. If he is American, I’m going to get a blank look; if he is Australian… probably going to be trouble (unless he is!).

Then there is the argument that by calling the girls anything else you are simply fooling yourself. On one level this makes sense, a reality check for the unfortunate guys that fall in love for all the wrong reasons. But, of all the thousands (hundreds of thousands?) of girls that could be called whores… is that the only word that will do?

Here in good old New York I can pick up the phone and order a ‘call girl’; she will be about 20 years old with a fantastic body, probably an ‘actress’ or college girl, and set me back about $500 for two hours. Or, I can walk over to eleventh avenue and pick of a crack ‘ho in pink hot pants for about $20. Are they the same? The Eskimos have about 100 words to describe snow; we have almost the same amount to describe these girls (Hooker, bar girl, prostitute, easy meat, freelancer, MP girls, etc..)… use some creativity!

Sure, there are plenty of whores in Thailand. Just thinking about those old crusty barnacles that populate the Pattaya beer bars gives me the shivers! But there is so much more, which is why I endure 20 hours in a plan rather than taking that ten minute walk over to eleventh avenue.

I ear often of sanuker telling the board that the girls become hardened, no supprise with the disrespect I read here and saw in LOS coming from some of the sanukers.

Here at home in the street I found whores and I don't think that is what I found when coming in Thailand, there's a whole wolrd between the two. crazy.gif" border="0

Archived