What exactly does Guest Friendly Mean?

TypicalAnonym said:

You know what would be really helpful? A list of hotels that will treat our Thai wives -- sometimes young Isaan ladies -- with respect. There are many plusses and minuses about spending time in Thailand but nothing gets my blood boiling like being challenged at the hotel elevator in precisely the same way as a john and his hooker would be at a guest-unfriendly hotel.

And how will this list be made up ? You cannot blame the hotel for good or bad treatment of guests there, but you can blame people working there.....

IMO.

BB

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Tim,

Hope I'm not flogging a dead horse here but what you state has definitely not been my experience at the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, the JW Marriott or the Intercontinental. At all three premises I have only ever had a single booked and I have never once had a problem bringing company back to my room nor has my company ever had a problem coming and going as and when they liked regardless of whether I was with them or not.

Regards,

KF

Kite_Flyer said:

Hi Tim,

Hope I'm not flogging a dead horse here but what you state has definitely not been my experience at the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, the JW Marriott or the Intercontinental. At all three premises I have only ever had a single booked and I have never once had a problem bringing company back to my room nor has my company ever had a problem coming and going as and when they liked regardless of whether I was with them or not.

Regards,

KF

In my experience hotels with a strong corporate user base and charging profile, are not that bothered about who stays in the room, so long as its discrete - therefore all the one's you mentioned are unlikely to have any problem with guests coming and going - they are also attuned to the fact that Mr Smith travelling over from Singapore or Hong Kong will not take kindly to having "guests 2" show up on his room bill which he needs to turn in to claim his expenses. Therefore you will often get two keys, but only one guest is recorded on all the paperwork. They understand that return guests are the bread and butter of their business, especially in Bangkok. I am still amazed at how many business meetings are done in Bangkok, yet there seems to be so little to show for it afterwards.....

Cheers

Some additions to the list:

In the "Serviced Apartment" category, the Emporium Suites and President Solitaire are guest friendly to the max (nothing said about four or five girls staying the night). Among the big hotels, Banyan Tree, Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and Landmark have no problems with multiple TGs in and out, as long as you and your guests are well-behaved in the lobby.

At many hotels, the only difference between single/double occupancy is the number of breakfast vouchers, the room will be exactly the same. I work for a mult-national that's quite strict about room booking, but there's never any hassle about a single vs double room. The difference in price is usually so slight it doesn't matter, not even to the Travel Expense clerks.

EP

:devil:

BelgianBoy said:
TypicalAnonym said:

You know what would be really helpful? A list of hotels that will treat our Thai wives -- sometimes young Isaan ladies -- with respect. There are many plusses and minuses about spending time in Thailand but nothing gets my blood boiling like being challenged at the hotel elevator in precisely the same way as a john and his hooker would be at a guest-unfriendly hotel.

And how will this list be made up ? You cannot blame the hotel for good or bad treatment of guests there, but you can blame people working there.....

IMO.

BB

It is the hotel's fault for bad treatment of guests, ie customer service. It is up to the hotel management to provide training and supervision of employees.

Kite_Flyer said:

Hi Tim,

Regards,

KF

KF,

Glad to hear that you haven't had any problems wit these hotels. Its just I am conveying the policies of the hotels.It is their discretion at the end of the day whether they enforce the policies or not. I have had feedback from others that they had joiners so, u must have been lucky?

Tim

Back in December, 2003, I stayed at the Emerald Hotel and was surprised to find that when I took my date in, they made me book "double" for the whole time I had reserved my stay.

Whole time = even the days I spent there before I took a girl in.

WTF?

I had fun anyways and the security was always checking IDs, even my good Thai female friends.

BelgianBoy said:
TypicalAnonym said:

IMO.

BB

BB,

I'll disagree here...I think SOME places have a "Policy" on how to treat ALL Thai/Farang couples...though I do agree that how the invidual security guard conductas himself is in fact dependant on him alone...

Archived