Would you Allow/tolerate...?

Old Hippie

O.k. suppose you are a farang living in BKK, married to a former Bargirl or whatever P4P worker. Now, suppose your wife wanted to have one of her immediate family members stay in your home, more less permanently, and the girl was a P4P/nightlife worker. Would you allow it? Or would you try to discourage her from working in this business, maybe using her staying with you, and giving the family your financial suport as a condition of her staying there?

Would your decision be influenced by the presence ofchildren (yours)? Would you worry she might have a bad influence on your wife? Would you allow her to bring customers over for dinner? would you and your wife mingle with her and her customers?

I understand the girls will do what they will, but I (hypocrite I am) would not like to have a hooker in my family...I would try to do all I could to stop it from happening. I would withold my money, or deny her residence in my home etc, if she chose to do this. I certainly would not mix with her customers either...discuss...

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The few people I know who have been in exactly this situation, one sister works in a bar and the other does not, have had problems from the Thai boyfreind and not from the girl.

It is a "mengdas" right to show up drunk whenever he wants to- wherever she is living.

"O.k. suppose you are a farang living in BKK, married to a former Bargirl or whatever P4P worker."

I cannot make this supposition. I can imagine being a farang living in BKK, but I would never get married -- to anyone.

I am looking at this as a hypothetical of course. I understand there are those who will say "don't look at this with a western view point or judgemental attitude..." or "...you are a hypocrit..." (which we all are, and I freely admit), But what about the loss of face to the farang here? shouldn't this be taken into consideration?

Remember, this is about whether or not you would allow it to go on, with out trying to stop it...where would you draw the line? Remember, I specifically said "...having customers over for dinner...would you and your wife go out socializing with her and her customers...?" In a sense actually condoning or helping her with her job, and the illusion the guy is special...discuss again...

himitsu said:

The few people I know who have been in exactly this situation, one sister works in a bar and the other does not, have had problems from the Thai boyfreind and not from the girl.

It is a "mengdas" right to show up drunk whenever he wants to- wherever she is living.

OH wasn`t referring to pimps you are the one to bring that one up.

And I think that he (the pimp) would have an unpleasant wake up call if he ever pulled that stunt on most guys in here.

To get back to the original question, I definitely wouldn`t tolerate that. Having an indoor living hooker (family or not) with a steady stream of tricks in front of my wife and kids? Not by a million years.

I fail to see what good could ever come out of that.

"don't look at this with a western view point or judgemental attitude

thai people IME (depending on their background of course) are much more judgemental about that than westeners are.

cheers

hua nguu

1. Let her stay : Yes

2. Use it to make her stop : No ; Use time to encourage her to stop : Yes.

3. Let her take customers home when familiy/children are home : No

4. Mingle with her and her customers : Probably not.

OH,

'don't look at this with a western view point or judgemental attitude...'

So what's the Thai view?

Don't let her live in your house because she's a hooker and you'd loose face if anyone of the neighbours would know - but take her money because she earns much more than you and she should support her poor sister? That's what Thais would do?

I am asking what you guys would do, western attiudes/values and all. I am talking about a guy who makes enough to cover bills, and help the family. Would you allow her to hook, and just ignore it, or try to discourage her, using what leverage you have...offer to pay for school, set up a small family business etc...

"...2. Use it to make her stop : No ; Use time to encourage her to stop : Yes...."

Trouble with this thought is, the longer she stays in, the less likely she will get out...hence, best to not let them head down that path if you can stop it...

In front of my children? Never, or rather depends on how old they are (if I feel they are old enough to handle the concept and make mature decisions about it).

If my wife and I were alone, then it wouldn't really bother me (she just isn't allowed to "conduct buisness" in my bed or anything).

Archived