Your most hated foorball team

limbo

Cesc is the same type of player as Ronaldinho (as well as Riquelme as Nedved). They are playmakers. I never mentioned same class, only mentioned type of player. Also, I said that those players could go to just about any club and succeed. I don't think Lampard could.

I spent the last many seasons watching Lampard, especially the last two since we get Chelski matches every week and I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I don't see it. He's above average at best for me. As I said before, I don't think Lamps would be successful at Arsenal, Man Yoo or Liverpool or any top club in Europe. I have seen him make good passes, but not consistently enough to label him a playmaker. Gudjohnsen, when he's on the pitch is a better playmaker. Robben and Joe Cole are better as well. I think he's overrated. He scores goals because Chelski scores goals. Its not to score goals if you're a midfielder or striker on Chelsea because you will have more opportunities than other clubs simply because they're playing better, more consistent football.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lampard - not that fast. Cesc - not that fast.

Lampard - can't really dribble. Cesc - can't really dribble.

Lampard - makes lots of good passes. Cesc - makes lots of good passes (though he doesn't get nearly as many goal assists).

Lampard - scores loads. Cesc - doesn't score that many.

Can you tell me why Cesc is any better or even more of a "playmaker"? :dunno: I can't see it. He hasn't got many tricks, can't dribble past two or three men. He passes a lot and some of those passes open up a defence. Lampard does more of that. (While scoring many more, he also got 9 goals assists last season to Fabregas's 5.) So how does Lampard lack anything that Cesc has? ::

Nedved, again, is the same type of player as Lampard. Ronaldinho and Riquelme are the only ones you could call "playmakers".

Lampard was the most wanted player of Barcelona or Real Madrid fans, last year, wasn't he? I think he'd do well in most teams.

To be honest, I think Cesc is a little overrated. He reminds me of Jamie Redknapp, of whom the same fuss was made at 17. He sits in the middle, plods around, doesn't go past players much, puts some passes around and scores the occasional goal. That kind of game looks good for someone so young but doesn't get that much better with age.

the problem for Scholes is that he is an asthmatic and suffered badly from Hayfever..........is that really a crime?.

look at his performences for Club and Country,the best came during the Autumn and Winter.

the big National Tournaments are in the Summer and always in a warm climate.

the combinations of his allergies sometimes took it's toll.

i don't many People who suffer from Hayfever in the Winter Months.

have got the gist of the debate about Lampard and Fabregas and find it a joke.

Lampard voted #2 in the World recently,in what position did Fabregas come?.

Lampard is capable of scoring anytime from anywhere and much more prolific than Fabregas.

and didn't Lampard become the 1st PL Midfielder to score over 15 Goals for over 10 Years.

the 1st since Kanchelskis who was not a Midfielder in my eyes.

Lampard is in a trio (if Rooney fit) of England Players along with Gerrard who give them a little edge.

they can all turn a game with a pass or score.

wether it be from 3 Yards or a belter from 25 Yards.

Cesc isn't there to score goals but to set them up. Vieira's goal return was paltry but would you say he's not a good midfielder. Keane didn't score much either? Was he a bad midfielder?

I would disagree that Lampard can dribble as good as Cesc, or rather Cesc is not a good dribbler of the ball. He's a great dribbler of the ball. There are a lot of neutrals and pundits that would disagree with you. Its your opinion but I don't think many pundits would share that view. I would also disagree with Lampard making lots of good passes. If you call, 10 yard passes in a tightly organized formation that Chelski is. If so, then all 10 of Chelski's outfield players 'make good passes'.

You have your own opinion of Cesc. I respect that you think he's not as good as you think. Spain's national team doesn't seem to think so and the back pages of Europe doesn't seem to think so as they have praised him highly as one of the new young upcoming stars of WORLD football.

Anelka was most wanted by RM and we saw how he did at RM. Same with Woodgate. Barca and RM wanting a player doesn't necessarily make him good. I think it was only RM that was rumored to show an interest in Lampard and RM has been known to buy players based on their name than talent so they can sell shirts.

I think calling Nedved and Lampard the same type of player insults Nedved. But that's my opinion. I think Lampard is good, but I don't think he'll manage outside of Mourinho's system and his years of mediocrity with West Ham and under Ranieri's Chelski squad is my evidence.

You haven't seen Lampard making long pass goal assists? He's been doing it all season to Drogba's benefit. What games have you been watching? :dunno:

If Cesc is there to set them up and is better at it than Lampard then why did he get only just over half the number of assists as Lampard in a similarly high-scoring team?

I haven't got an online link but I notice Lampard has just been chosen by Sir Alex Ferguson as one of the four subs in his best post-1975 British XI. He calls him "outstanding" for club and country. If Lampard can only work in Mourinho's system, how does he manage a scoring ratio of 1 in 4 for England? :dunno:

And if you want to use years of "mediocrity" at West Ham (mediocre enough to get a £10m transfer!) as "evidence", can't I bring out the question: "If Cesc was so good, why did Barcelona let him leave so easily?"

'"If Cesc was so good, why did Barcelona let him leave so easily?"'

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

don't waste your breath Bibbs........... :shakehead

Steve will never admit that any non Arse Player is better than those at his Club,he is just so blinkered.

after all the Arse Players must be better after they finished beind Chelsea,MU and Liverpool in the PL this Season.......

fuck me,next he will try and tell us that Henry is better than Crouch....... :neener:

come on Bibbs..where are you?.

having won the PL Fantasy Football......:bow:..........i haven't seen your name in the entries for the WC Competition....... :doah:

i'm going for a hat-trick...........

i was top of both the PL and CL Competitions at some stage........ :chili:..........shame it all went tits up......... :down:

being top for 1 Day in the WC Competition will make it a grand slam and a perfect Season for me....... :elephant:

anyone else ever done the TREBLE?...........

Chelsea have a lot of great players. I think Robben is phenominal if not unlucky with injuries. I think Gudjohnsen is underused and vastly underrated. Joe Cole is good. Lampard is a good player. I'm just saying I don't think he's as great as you and others think he is. Its an opinion. Possibly biased...but I'm really trying to be fair. We agree to disagree, is all I can say. I've been watching him for a few seasons now. As for his fee from West Ham. English players are ALWAYS overpriced. You and I and everyone knows that. Was Rio worth 30 million for instance? There is a premium on native players, so lets not throw that around.

As for Cesc, you may not recall that he was a youth player and Barca had no choice in our signing him per rules in spain about youth contracts and Barca went to UEFA to stop it. We eventually paid almost an extra couple million euros as well as give them Gio Van Bronckhurst. All in all, I'd say the total amount we paid for him via loss of player, etc. would conservatively total over 5 million pounds depending on how much Gio's valuation is.

If we're going to start quoting Fergie and saying everything he says about a player is gospel...then this discussion will get silly fast. :: and we may as well end the discussion there. You get last word. I've said my piece.

chocolat steve said:
chelseafan said:

p.s. Ballack, Ballack....oh what the hell am I saying, why the frig do we want another midfielder ?

chelseafan, I may be completely wrong, but I think getting Ballack is a risk. Mainly to the unity in the squad. Someone will have to sit out. He is a similar player to Lampard as wel. I think the same problems Sven has in playing Lampard and Gerrard together may be the same problem Mourinho will have in playing Lampard and Ballack together. He has no choice. He can't sit either of them on the bench.

I think Chelsea bought him for 3 reasons. 1) He's a fantastic player 2) He will raise the international profile of the club. He may not do for Chelsea what Becks did for Real Madrid but he will help considerably in drawing new support and sell kits. 3) To deny him to Man Yoo and other rivals. Typical Kenyon tactic.

It will be interesting to see if Lampard benefits a lot from having a more creative midfielder beside him, one who can hold the ball and take some of the playmaking pressure off of him.

One of the best things to happen to Steven Gerrard this year was the arrival of Momo Sissoko, which allowed Steven to be parked nominally on the right. He is still all action, but he can pick his spots (or more importantly where on the field he wants his spots to be) and that allows him to stay fresher (from a concentration standpoint) and do a little less of the non-significant running that is necessary for a central mid with heavier defensive responsibilities.

Granted Essien, Makalele, etc already relieve some of this pressure from Lampard, but he does not have a Xabi Alonso who can handle playmaking from deeper positions and allow him to focus on game-changing touches (though Chelsea gets some of this benefit from Joe Cole). Ballack is certainly capable of playing from the deep positions through to the attacking mid position. He is great at making secondary runs and will give Chelsea better aerial pop from a different part of the field. But he will also arguably keep Frank in the game longer.

It will be interesting to see how Ballack adapts to a more frenetic pace and whether he can impart his customary calm and composure to the game tempo. His sense of timing and his ability to raise or lower the tempo may work wonders in terms of helping Damien Duff and Arjen Robben time their runs and reignite their form. It will also be interesting to see how Ballack adapts to a striker corps with considerably less savvy than Roy Maakay, Pisarro, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
limbo said:

Which one is it and why?

Juve because they are fucking cheaters!

limbo said:

Mine is Real Madrid.

because they are lazy millionaires, all great playes sitting on their asses and do refuse to fight!

limbo said:

Once Bayern was playing his team and I was told how hated Bayern is in Germany.

Bayern isn't hated unless your friend is a Schalke or Dortmund supporter! Bayern is the only club having huge Fan CLubs across the entire country. 50% of the country supports them, the other 50% supports their home team! :)

chelseafan said:

p.s. Ballack, Ballack....oh what the hell am I saying, why the frig do we want another midfielder ?

You will love him. He is not a real midfielder, he is more a striker. The coach will let him play in between the midfield and the strikers. They made him a midfielder in germany because they don't have leaders like Lampard.

Ballack is probably the worlds most dangerous player with his head. You'll not see him miss a header very often.

Chelsea can be really lucky to have him. Besides that he is a good looking fella and he will sell t-shirts like mad. There are already 97.000 pre-orders from german fans!

When was it the last time that an english team had german supporters? ;)

Archived