Your most hated foorball team

limbo

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
chocolat steve said:

Chelseafan maybe you can confirm this but I have heard that Tottenham is hated by Chelsea and West Ham moreso than Arsenal.

WHU hates Millwall more than any other club but as far as the bigger London derbies, they hate Tottenham the most. I've also heard Chelsea fans say they hate Tottenham the most. Even more than us. First is that true and second, why?

I'd think we'd be the most hated. We've enjoyed having the biggest local support for decades and despite your two titles are considered the biggest club in London, which may not hold much water now, but we were regularly regarded as that and I would think that would make us the most hated. I would have thought us and Fulham would be more hated, maybe even the old Wimbledon.

OCgringo, most of the time its Manchester (dis)United anyway. The reason you should hate them is that they were the 'Yankees' of the league in much the same way the Yankees had that arrogance amongst their fans and had people jumping on the bandwagon just to be associated with the name and knowing nothing about them. In fact they and the Yankees have a joing marketing agreement on YesTV.

sperz is always a big game, but considering that they haven't beaten us in 900million games now, we dont worry about it. Yes, there's always animosity, but it depends which era your from.

If your in your 50's like my old man, then Leeds will be the hated side, 40's probably sperz, 30's then united , 20's defintely liverpool...

chelseafan said:

p.s. Ballack, Ballack....oh what the hell am I saying, why the frig do we want another midfielder ?

chelseafan, I may be completely wrong, but I think getting Ballack is a risk. Mainly to the unity in the squad. Someone will have to sit out. He is a similar player to Lampard as wel. I think the same problems Sven has in playing Lampard and Gerrard together may be the same problem Mourinho will have in playing Lampard and Ballack together. He has no choice. He can't sit either of them on the bench.

I think Chelsea bought him for 3 reasons. 1) He's a fantastic player 2) He will raise the international profile of the club. He may not do for Chelsea what Becks did for Real Madrid but he will help considerably in drawing new support and sell kits. 3) To deny him to Man Yoo and other rivals. Typical Kenyon tactic.

Zaad said:

CS,

and I instinctively don't like the biggest club in any country, so they were ruled out autmatically.

Hence your hatred towards Man U?

:neener:

Zaad, not Man Yoo's fault but when I started watching football, I knew I would NEVER choose them. Just because they were the biggest and I knew that. I've only heard of 3 clubs before I started watching the sport. Man Yoo, Liverpool and Crystal Palace. I knew Man Yoo were the biggest club. I was pretty sure there was a club called Liverpool because I recall years ago watching a news item of Man Utd and Liverpool fans clashing at a train stop in Manchester and our sports news show at the time were talking about how crazy those english are about their 'soccer'. I visited England briefly as a uni student and stayed near Selhurst Park and every one in the area were Crystal Palace fans.

However, over the years, Man Utd has earned my enmity, especially in the person of Alex Ferguson who I have no respect for whatsover. He's done some things over the years that I find dispicable. So it was fate that Arsenal chose me and that Arsenal were the ones to finally derail the Man Yoo choo choo and paved the way for others like Chelsea to end their run. ; )

chelseafan said:

You mean like Man United ??? :neener:

....and not some mickey mouse down and outs :D

hahaha...finally we agree on something. This is going to be the end of an era for Man Yoo. Chelsea have far more money and Man Yoo could buy the best players in england with regularity because they had the most money and admittedly prestige, however, Chelsea have more money and the one thing they had over us, money, is no longer an advantage. We'll be able to compete with Man Yoo for players now. And we have a manager with a better eye for young talent. Liverpool are making headways and were only a result away from beating them out for runner up and are only going to get stronger. Tough times for Man Yoo, in any given season they could end up 4th if us and Liverpool have better than usual seasons.

I know Dave.....nice guy, except he supports Man USA :D

I've said to friends that I'm not sure on Ballack, we have the 2nd best midfielder in Europe in Lampard and its not the midfield where we have problems, its our strikers.

Having said that Ballack has come to us quite cheap....£30million for four years so cant grumble.

'Having said that Ballack has come to us quite cheap....£30million for four years so cant grumble'

you think that's cheap?..............you should see me on a bad Night................:applause:

even i would play for your lot for 10% of his wages every Week......... :beer:

i'm sure you'd like that............... :elephant:

Lampard had a great year last season and a good season this past one, although he was far less effective. I may be biased but I don't think he's as good as everyone thinks. I think he got into a great system that helps him. What does he actually do for Chelsea? Is he a defensive midfielder that can win the ball or stop a counter or buildup and act as a sweeper in front of the back 4? No, that's what Makelele and Essien do. Is he a playmaking midfielder that sets up the strikers and wide men? No, Duff, Robben, Cole or Gudjohnsen does that. So if he doesn't have to defend or create for others, then all he has to do is make runs to the top of the box, wait for a pass and take a shot on goal. Does he make runs at the opposition with mazy runs He's a poor man's Scholes, but at least Scoles does other things.

I don't want to sound harsh but if you put Lampard on any other club he'd be ordinary. For me, the '2nd best midfielder' in Europe would be able to play for most sides and be effective. I think the reason why Sven is having so much trouble with him and Gerrard in the same side is that Lampard doesn't have a 'purpose'.

Makelele, Fabregas, Joe Cole, Ballack, can do a job elsewhere on any team, but can Lampard?

Archived