Your most hated foorball team

limbo

I think Lampard's best quality is his consistency opposed to Duff, Robben and (lately lesser extent though) Cole.

Makelele and Essien are consistent as well which is why I think Lampard is used as an attacking midfielder in order to assist the front line.

Are you saying you wouldn't want to see him in an Arse shirt? :)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lampard is what they used to call a playmaker, he'll defend when necessary and he'll spray the ball around when he feels inclined, however, those are not his strengths.

As Zaad said, its his constistancy and ability to change games with important gaols...16 in the premiership this season (I think) which makes him the highest scoring midfielder.

You look at the best midfielder in Europe....Ronaldinho, when does he ever defend?....when does he score goals?....rarely if you look at the stats (though when he does they tend to be special). His advantage is opening up defences with deft balls....

Cesc doesn't defend for us as well. Ronaldinho, Riquelme, Cesc are all playmakers. They put the pass through to strikers and attackers. Lampard doesn't do that. I'm not saying he doesn't score. He obviously scores a lot of goals. I agree he 'consistently' scores goals. He has consistency because of the system he's playing in, but I ask this. Why didn't he score goals before? Mourinho's set up is tailor made for him. Lampard doesn't and I will say even can't do what Ronaldinho, Riquelme, Nedved or Cesc does. Robben, Duff and Cole are attacking midfielders who score as well. Each can take defenders on one on one, or draw the opposition to them to open space for guess who? Lampard. Or some other player. How many of Lampard's goals come from this. My point is ANYONE can do what Lampard does. Come from deep or wait behind the strikers at the top of the box for a pass. I'm sorry, I don't see the skill in that. I also don't see him being effective playing for any other club. Duff, Robben, Cole, Essien, Makelele and Gudjohnsen can be effective at other clubs. Can anyone say Lampard can? I don't see how he and Ballack can be on the pitch at the same time and Lampard remain effective. Ballack will be doing what Lampard does.

chelseafan said:

Lampard is what they used to call a playmaker, he'll defend when necessary and he'll spray the ball around when he feels inclined, however

Sorry but I have to disagree, I don't think Lampard has the ability to do this. You said its not his strength and I agree.

Under certain setups, just about anyone can consistently score goals.

CS, maybe you should watch Lampard sometime, he plays a lot of balls all over the place and is instrumental in setting up a lot of goals for the blues. Is there an Opta index website anywhere ?

"but I ask this. Why didn't he score goals before? Mourinho's set up is tailor made for him. Lampard doesn't and I will say even can't do what Ronaldinho, Riquelme, Nedved or Cesc does."

He's been doing this pretty much since he signed for chelsea, the fact is, he has got better and better every season. At West Ham he was their best player, however he was still raw and needed tuning.

For you to suggest Cesc is in the same league as Ronaldinho is laughable....Essentially there's Ronaldinho and then there's everyone else....

Under "certain setups", the goalkeeper can score 20 a season....... :p

There are very very few all round players in the world, I'm not saying Lampard is, however, along with Gerrard (spit spit), they are probably the top of the bunch....

My point is ANYONE can do what Lampard does. Come from deep or wait behind the strikers at the top of the box for a pass. I'm sorry, I don't see the skill in that

But they dont!

Mekong said:

55555 The Scum Lost 0-3 to Watford

OK Question Answered

Yep, well chuffed, tough not going to get any sleep tonight as I live in Watford town center!!! Still, at least I wont have far to travel for the Chelsea away game next season.....

My Top three teams for going down....

Watford (sorry to say)

Sheffield United

Portsmouth

I agree Lampard's a pretty good midfielder, better than steve says. He's got an underrated range of passing, scores goals, takes set-pieces. He's got everything that Nedved and Cesc have, takes responsibility and doesn't bottle it like Riquelme (CL semi-final, anyone?). He also isn't a ginge who almost dies in any sort of heat and costs England dear on important occasions like Scholes has done.

However, Stevie G is the best midfielder in Europe (Ronaldinho's a forward). ::

Oh yeah, most hated teams?

Italy

Argentina

Germany

Why? I hate the way they act - cheating by diving around trying to get opposition players booked or pulling back opponents in every set-piece. And Italy play in an extremely dull, overrated, way. And both they and Germany have already been too lucky in international tournaments.

Archived