Pattaya is like..

Coss

Following on from a comment in the Jomtiem thread in News...

I think that Pattaya is like the Thermae (of old not the current one) of beach resorts.

Comments that used to apply to the Thermae (the bar from Star Wars is one), apply equally to Pattaya.

Wot yer reckon then?

Discuss

Cheers

Coss

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
coss said:

Comments that used to apply to the Thermae (the bar from Star Wars is one), apply equally to Pattaya.

Coss

Cmon, the people drinking on Soi 6 look like they could be from the neighborhhod bar.

saga-cantmomaw_bar.jpg

Damen said:

I thought all I had to do was copy the image URL in the image box :dunno:

FWIW..

I believe you need to provide a _link_ to where ever the image is stored...not upload it to the board. Hence upload it to some site, then provide the full link to the pix on the site.

Okay.. I think I get the part where I cant just paste a link to another webite that has the image hosted but just for my sake; how does the system know the difference bewteen a URL pointing to Joeblow's website as opposed to an image hosted an photobucket?

Arent they both in effect, just an URL pointing to an image stored on a server?

As far as the tag issue...I didnt edit or add the info, so I'm not sure how this gets added to the URL you see in my post above. I simply typed my reply to the OP message, hit the image button and then pasted a URL pointing to the image in the dialog box. :dunno:

Back on topic, my missus is always warning me about Pattaya but in 6 years of going there I've never seen any real problems. Pattaya for me is like London, you have just as much chance of being mugged, stabbed, shot, assaulted or murdered - the chances are slim though.

Stay away from the trouble and you'll most likely be fine.

When I was in Pattaya this past week I was really surprised by the huge numbers of Chineese tourists on Walking street; vastly outnumbering westeners.

Chineese tourism is expanding at an exponential rate and Thailand is focusing a lot of promotion there. They don't tend to hit the GoGo's and BeerBars, just shopping, shopping shopping.

This could signal the beginning of the end of Pattaya as we know it. The Thais want to turn it into a universal resort and market forces, not the puritanical forces we fear, might win out and turn walking street into something like the new Las Vegas.

Archived