Reading about your possible GF on a board

drogon

I saw a great movie lately "SHOPGIRL" with Steve Martin and Clair Danes, he was trying to control a sexual relationship untill it became its own dynamics and things totally came out different as they where supposed to be! I saw a lot of my recent events in this movie. Only can recommend to watch it! Rich man, poor girl, it was all about sanuk!! See what happens when unfortunate events are destroying your plan!

downloading shopgirl now. My wife is crazy about romantic comedies, unfortunately. ::

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
drogon said:

Luxury gifts?

it is in my nature and she prefers them

Presence better than presents. Charm and confidence better than bankroll.

That's the gold rules. A woman will NEVER respect you if you offer her ONLY financial (or emotional) security.

AF16 said:

CT I thought I was in controll over my self, making rational decitions. That I did what I 'wanted' to do.

What I did do was letting the situation dictate what I did just hoping for a lucky break.

Yes very good, i thought so, just wanted to know! From a distance it always looks different as when you are too much involved! The question is what will you do the next time? Was it good to be "flexible" in the situation or should you take control?

vaginaholic said:

It cannot be "about sanuk" if it is not set in Thailand or at least one of the people in it, probably the girl, is Thai.

It might be a great movie but it is just another movie set in the west.

Wouldn't agree to that! It is about men basics more than the rich Vs Poverty thing. I don't wanna spoil it. When I saw it i thought to myself "I understand why he is acting like that, I was in the same situation" I.E. all you want is having fun but the girl starts crying (no reason to see for you) Are you beeing an arse and let her go crying or do you try to cheer her up?

I have Sanuk in Yurop too btw :)

soongmak said:

downloading shopgirl now. My wife is crazy about romantic comedies, unfortunately. ::

soongmak,

it is not exactly a funny movie, even when Steve Martin is in it. It is a very silent drama kind of movie! It is good but not funny at all!

ChristianTroy said:
AF16 said:

CT I thought I was in controll over my self, making rational decitions. That I did what I 'wanted' to do.

What I did do was letting the situation dictate what I did just hoping for a lucky break.

Yes very good, i thought so, just wanted to know! From a distance it always looks different as when you are too much involved! The question is what will you do the next time? Was it good to be "flexible" in the situation or should you take control?

Both.

You can not have a relationship bulit purly on principles, neither can you have one without any.

Now I have a firmer grip on what I find to be unacceptable but I still have a slack out of respect to my wife. We must have some space for imperfection.

At the same time I do expect something of my better half, the same I show her.

AF16 said:

At the same time I do expect something of my better half, the same I show her.

Absolutely, if the expectations are reasonable than you have a valid point. People going in a relationship without ANY expectations are what?:....... smart? boring? dead? don't know the answer! I am that kind of guy who needs a goal to achieve, when it is achieved there needs to be another goal, I am raising the bar for myself step by step or i get bored easily.

That makes me have expectations from my better half as well. One self critical point why my relationships with thais would not work at this point of my life is because I know I can't have too many expectations, which makes it a little bit boring for me. I am also this kind of guy who doesn't need a relationship to be happy at this point of my life. So I decided for myself to go with a girl again when she meets my expectations. I am young, free and financially independend, I can try things out, if it is the wrong way to go I will learn at some point of my life and lower my expectations! There is no way I am giving in into something that I personally consider mediocre when I believe I could do better!

Archived