• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"...Let?s go back through what I said:

2 x cocktails per person

3 courses each

A couple of drinks each at meal time..."

Stick,

Let's see...in SFO, average prices at an average place...

2 cocktails, say $8 each, so 2 each=$32 (don't you darwe forget to tip the bar tender "appropriately...maybe $5+)

Appetizer...maybe $10-12 so $24 for 2

Main course, $$16-$35...so say $24 =$48 for 2

say 2 glasses of wine each...at $10 each =$40 for 2...

So $144 before Tax and Tip, NEVER forget the Tip...!! :devil: :onfire: So you are looking at close to $200 for an average place in SFO, with average (as in crap) service and atmosphere...the food might be just mediocre...So, I'd say your idea of 5K (about $125 usd) for a great meal, and a great place with exceptional service and atmosphere etc, is indeed a bargin.

A thing with restaurants is a personnal one...if I am paying the bill, I tend to not find it such a great place/deal...if I am being treated, then maybe I might like it more...still, a lot of high end places just don't cut it for me...I prefer the "hole in the wall" places, with a bit iof warmth and personnal touch to them...

As for Romantic places in BKK...Might have mentioned it already, La Daalaat Indochine is nice. Vietnamese food, classy, and great service, with a bit of elegance to it...oh, Almost forgot, a place way out, named Bali, I'll see it I can find the card...really nice, live music, as in Piano/;ight jazz/dinner music...and a bit Poshy...near Chatuchak I think...I'll see if I can find the card...

I ment this place Bale...

* Bale, Lad Phrao Soi 35. Just inside the soi, this restaurant is a huge refurbished house and quite popular with young mobile Thai professionals. Features full band with 8 violinists, wine glass chandelier and several international beers.

Never went to this one...might be good, but no real personnal idea...

* Chlorophyll , Lad Phrao Soi 64. Just inside the soi, this Bali inspired restaurant features outdoor dining in a quaint garden setting. Thai and Japanese fair with an occasional musician.

• 2 weeks later...

sure, have been at giusto. food is good, prices certainly not too expensive and location is convenient as well.

certainly in the upper league of italian restaurants in Bangkok but IMHO there are better ones like l'opera, Gianni's, Biscotti, Rossini, Angelini and the one at Thonglor (am abroad and can't recall the name)

Archived