I am happy

drogon

Best to you dragon.

Next time I see you I will buy you a drink!

My wife loves it in the US but we live in a warmer climate (desert). Never wear a jacket nor a coat but freeze our asses off every time we go thru LA.

When she first came to the US, she would say [color:"red"]"There are a lot of Thai people here!"[color:"black"]

I would look and all I saw was Mexicans.

One day we went to a Mexican restaurant and the waitress looked away from me and asked my wife in Spainish what she wanted...... Maybe Thai people do look like Mexicans?

Keep a diary of your experiences with her. You will cherish that book when you get older.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I married my wife .. ofcourse ... but if we split before three or is it five years now, she would be on the first plane home. No legal document would change that. Not up to me but to immigration laws.

She got her right to stay her if she wanted when we got a child together. She now can have family reunion with our child if we ever split parts.

(Ps that was not a hint ... do not have a child if there are any questons at all, it still scares the shit out of me what would happen if we split regarding who ending up with the child and where)

In fact someone we know married a Norwegian 55 year old and after a bit over a year he died of heart attack. The girl had to pack her bag, had no connection to the kindom anymore.

ChristianTroy said:

Best of luck from me too! I am positive things will turn out good for you because you are committed and a Jai Dee man. The girl shouldn't have a problem to trust you and that seems to be the only problem by now!

ps

you farangs that try to show knownledge about Belgium food i have a small riddle

it's made from potatoes

it's deep fried

the name implies that it is from France

it is not french it is from belgium!!!!

:topic:

Freedom fries

French fries

Patat

Patat frites

Frietjes

Pommes frites

From what I remember foreigners can stay here for three months on a tourist visa. Then they have to return to their contry and stay there for the same period of time before being able to return.

I think there is room for staying longer on a diffrent kind of visa so one could try to get to know each other better, not sure if it's six or nine months.

Before you could take a girl to stay with you for three months, then marry her here and apply for a workpermit. I think they closed that option now as many applied for a tourist visa and then married, which is considered misleading the government. Not sure, but I think I heard something about it.

Now then, the girl would have to return and then apply for the right VISA, or you have to marry in Thailand and then apply for family reunification.

When my wife married me it could take up to 8 months before she would get her answer, in which she could stay here in the meantime. But she could not return home as she only had a tourist visa for one entry to EU/EØS. If she went home she could not get back before the answer from the government came.

I were pissed at the time as we were going for a holliday in Thailand at the time and risked to have to leave my wife there for up to 8 months, but for some reason the police handled our application instead of the foreign office, I think we just made a good impression when we delivered our papers, and the police granted the VISA within two weeks. They did say that if they did not find anyting 'suspicious' they cold bypass the foreign office alltogether and they did.

It's a joungle of laws out there, check them out for your contry before doing _ anyting _.

You are indeed right, 3 years marriage or 5 years cohabitation, only then can she apply for citizenship and earn all rights.

Anything happens during that time, she gets send back.

Meanwhile, she gets a temp ID card and can travel freely to all Schengen countries, she gets medical insurance, etc.....

BB

Yes BB is right and I was a bit wrong.

She gets send back except if she can prove that she has a regular job here then things might be different.

That is at least what my cousin who is a (bad ) lawyer told me.

Archived