Emirates: Dubai/Al Ain Tips or Tales?

Fiery Jack

Will be visiting UAE for the first time in August for a week on business with a bit of pleasure if I can play my cards right. ;) No chance of full-on sanuk but I might be able to nip out to "change some money" and shake off my colleagues once or twice :hubba: so any tips on that front, fellers?

I'll be in Dubai for 5 days and some joint called Al Ain for 2. I have no idea what to expect, so any tips or tales from anyone who's been there would be grand. :beer:

Left to my own devices on the Dubai accommodation front, I creamed outrageous expenses off the company :applause: and am about to book myself into the Regent Beach Resort Hotel in Dubai. It's (apparently) well-situated and much cheaper than all the other hotels in the vicinity (so I can stick some of the expenses in my back pocket for those "money changing" expeditions :up:). Probably a dump then? :doah: But doesn't look to be so from the net photos, and customer reviews are okay. :up: Anyone know of it? The Al Ain accommodation is sorted out by some other clot. :rolleyes:

Cheers, and thanks in advance for any info. :hug: (Yes, I know there's 2 other threads about Dubai on the go, but the more the merrier... :drunk:)

jack :help:

I've lived in this dump (Dubai) for the last 7+ years. Actually it's not a dump but a very modern city, although all the construction might make it look a bit messy at times.

If I'm thinking of the same hotel, then you are actually not well situated for dabbling in the seedier side of Dubais nightlife, in fact you're at the complete opposite end of town. You will be surrounded by new highrise condos and upmarket hotels. Nothing that a taxi can't sort out though, but the traffic is pretty shitty.

Dubai certainly has a lot of nightlife and plenty involving ladies of the night but unless you know it well it doesn't really cater for, as you put it, "those money changing expeditions". It's mainly all LT stuff at about Baht 5,000 a night. There are much cheaper services available by Chinese girls who will whisk you away to their room for however long you want but again you have to know where to find it and for me it is just too seedy. Much better to have some voluptuous Russian tart spend the night with you.

As for Al Ain, forget it. It is a sleepy backwater with 3 hotels and no nightlife, other than perhaps a hotel disco.

Let me know if you want any other info although I'm sure others will have their opinions too.

Jack,

If you are wanting a little ST action just ring some of the numbers advertised here, a couple of these are legit no sex MP's but most are Chinese brothels. When you ring they will give you the address, I would recommend you choose one located in a villa and not an apartment. Most will have around 8 girls and they will do anything you ask apart from shag you whilst you are wearing a Manchester United top, even Chinese whores have some standards.

http://www.gulfnews.com/classifieds/clasified_articles472b.html?path=/channels/gulfnews_com/classifieds/Dubai_x_N_Emirates/Beauty_Fitness_x_Health/Beauty_Fitness_x_Health

Contrary to Munchy's advice, the Regent Beach Resort Hotel is actually located in Jumeriah 1. It's a reasonable little place, probably about a year old, mostly frequented by Russians. It's certainly not one of the big recognised establishments, so presumably has limited facilities, but is located close to the beach (if that is your thing bearing in mind it's currently about 40 Degrees !!). The good news is that it is well located for Sanuk. All seedy venues are located within a 15 mins cab drive. PM me if you need specific sanuk directions.

teddy said:

I actually dont think this place exists, I have lived in Dubai for 12 years now and have never heard of this place. Unless it is the new name for the Dubai Marine Hotel?

Here it is, cock. Jumeirah, like the feller said. This is the cheapest rate I could find on the web. Have booked. :up:

Regent Beach Resort Hotel Jumeirah Dubai

Al Ain's a dump, then? Well, I'll only be there 48 hours to get the "business" side of things sorted :rolleyes: then back to Dubai for some slap and tickle. :applause:

Thanks for the info, gents. :beer:

Old Hippie said:

Jack old Pal,

Where have you been? I missed you! I don't mean the way one cowboy on a sheep ranch in Wyoming misses another cowboy, just mean I/we have missed you and your posts! Welcome back!

Alright Chief,

The usual thrills and spills and triumphs and fuck-ups and knockabout antics: on and off the wagon like a Star of Love girl on a well-heeled punter's cock. :doah: Been busy at work too, with a big project on, so no time to post my usual tedious cobblers. :( Back in the slacker saddle now, like, so should be more visible and up to my usual mischief again. :clown:

Will be in BKK later in the year too. :drunk: November or December. Game on. :applause:

Nice to see Carew's still this side of the pine and sod, too. :hug:

Anyone any more reports re. Dubai/Al Ain? :)

jack ,

I am jumping with joy to see you back here .

Ref Dhubai there is one thing you should avoid like the pest , it is what they call Rhamadan . Except inside the hotels you find virtually nothing to eat and , eh , drink . I forgot at what time of the year they celebrate this event , maybe all year round . it is disgusting , be careful .

BuBi

Archived