Sim Cards

bust

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got here a few days ago after 6 months and the SIM was still good ,

put 300 baht on it which makes it good till november ,

I have had no connecting problems with my 1-2-call so far ,

But then I have no idea who is trying to call me if it does not go thru :)

OC

OK....a weird thing has happened , I get "missed calls" when I know the phone never rang, I wonder if this is part of 1-2-call problem,,,,,,

bust1 said:

So two questions here. 1 Can I recharge remotely from here in the land of the 2006 WC Winners and 2 if not who should I be using as a carrier to avoid this.

Good to see a positive if slightly optimistic prediction on the WC! Regarding remote charging of SIM I do it via Thai Internet banking. If you don?t have an bank account of your own a friend could do it also.

You can send your telephone number to a friend in Thailand and have her go to an AIS office or Telewiz store (they have offices in many major shopping centers) and have them add the money to your account. The expiration date for the funds will change the same as it would have if you refilled the account using a refill card and typed the numbers into the phone.

To avoid having to do this, just fill your phone up to the point the value doesn't expire until you come back, before leaving the country next time.

I think there's a difference between old sim cards and newer ones. I've 1-2-call and get a month for each 300 baht I refill, but P127 got 1 year for each refill. I had a DTAC before and I think I got a month more for each refill there also.

Archived