Celery

DocThai

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doc Thai,

Man after my own heart, Love celery , especially the white bits.

But I have looked high and low for good celery. The only lot I find is good for soup only. The broom stick pilot occasionally finds a good lot at some markets. Sunday markets is a good hunting place for good celery.

teddy said: Celery is a herb not a vegetable yer thick git :shakehead

Is it fcuk you scouse twat.:nono:

Quote from whfoods.org

Celery has become a common household staple along with carrots, onions and potatoes. Its crunchy texture and distinctive flavor makes it a popular addition to salads and many cooked dishes. Although it is available throughout the year, you will enjoy the best taste and quality of celery during the summer months when it is in season and locally grown varieties can be easily found in the markets.

Celery grows to a height of 12 to 16 inches and is composed of leaf-topped stalks arranged in a conical shape that are joined at a common base. It is a biennial vegetable plant that belongs to the Umbelliferae family whose other members include carrots, fennel, parsley and dill. While most people associate celery with its prized stalks, the leaves, roots and seeds can also be used as a food and seasoning as well as a natural medicinal remedy.

Archived