Celery

DocThai

I use it in many things as well. Guess I just have to pay the high price..

As for your market experience, my first time in the open air market of Chumphae outside Khon Kaen, it wasn't the "hoo moo" (pigs ears) that got to me, or even the vats of smelly prah rah, but rather the splayed rat carcasses that turned me a bit queazy. Yes I know these are field rats and not bangkok soi rats, but sorry.. it is still a rat and I am not going to take the plunge!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I prefer a jala-beano or three in my Bloody Mary instead of a celery stick. But that's just me. :dunno:

But plain celery with salt, celery with cheese spread is a good snack.

Celery salt is good for adding flavour to meats.

How's that?

Cheers,

SD

No, different. From Wiki: Celery seed is used as a spice. When combined with salt, the resulting spice blend is called celery salt. Celery salt is used as an alternate to ordinary salt seasoning in various recipes and cocktails. It is notably used to enhance the flavor of Bloody Mary cocktails and the Chicago-style hot dog.

Cheers,

SD

Actually all, SD has ordered some seed packets over and I'll be having the family growing celery and jalepeno peppers up in the village. Fucking cut out these expensive middlemen I say! Have the rellies in the moo ban experiment in their gardens for you the farang with this farang fare you find lacking in the LOS. I've done this over the past few years. Pumpkins, gourds, tomatoes, chard, parsley, carrots (Thai carrots just taste funky for some reason), peas, jalepenos (didn't grow for some reason-think the seeds were old), beets even, green beans (hot climate variety-fuckers ate them all up in their som tam before I got a one! :onfire:) watermelons-the farang variety, not those little round buggers), even cantaloupes. Some grew great, others did not grow. Had to show them how to take white vinegar and water and spray it on the plants to keep the friggin' bugs from eating everything though. They'd never seen that trick. Works well with the tomato plants. The bugs loved the damed tomatoes and ate one whole crop first time I tried that one here. (Had five different farang varieties we tried. Plum tomatoes worked the best. The beefsteak tomatoes were a flop.

So hopefully I will one day soon have my own crop of celery to make my bloody mary's with, and to use in soupls and other dishes I have planned for these. And jalepenos as well! Bushels I hope and pray! For nachos supreme!

Cent

Archived