PREMIER LEAGUE COMPETITION

sayjann

Sayjann,

Not sure if I understand you correctly, but Zaad and me have been trying to keep you playing, not to stop playing, that was just your own decision.

In general I like the idea you suppose, a league where you pick one team for the whole season. Risky though, you had the change to change players before you decided to stop playing, otherswise you would've had a load of no pointers for Rooney when he was sidelined.

The only way I would participate in such a competition though, is if you (as to speak in Davids' words) take your head out of your arse and stop being a sissy and play this game untill the end of the season and start posting like the normal old Sayjann in the football threads.

It still wouldn't be too late to start such a comp for the reamined of the season.

Otherwise I can't really be bothered and will do to you what you did to CS, at least pretended to do.

The ball is so to say in your court. :soccer::monkey:

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes it was my decision to stop playing.

but only because i thought there were 2 bad decisions by the organisers and no chance to complain.

but i haven't done too badly considering i have done nothing to my Team.

regarding Rooney,don't you think it would have been silly to pick him while he was banned?.

i put him into my team when he was ready to play and would have made him my captain a long time ago.

if i had then i would have been in front of you with the points he has scored.

The only way I would participate in such a competition though, is if you (as to speak in Davids' words) take your head out of your arse and stop being a sissy and play this game untill the end of the season and start posting like the normal old Sayjann in the football threads.

it was your words that decided that i stay away from talking about Football in that thread.

YOU suggested that i leave the thread.......

but why am i not surprised that you are not tempted to play against me in a 1 team game?.

too scared to pit your wits against me without having the oppurtunity to make a lot of changes?.

i guess Zaad will do the same.......

i'm too old for ball and court games but if you want to ignore me then 'up to you'.

just let me know what you wanna do,just so that i don't reply to you by mistake.

BTW,it might have escaped your notice but i did reply to CS while i was pretending to have him on my ignore list......

What's your point Sayjann? So you think my transfers have put me where I'm now? Not all transfer are 'a good call' Maybe the very reason you're still in the top-10 is because you haven't touched your team. Extra transfers may have put you way lower.. who's to say?

In fact..I could've been a little higher but I'm looking ahead...3-4 matches and adjust my team where needed, depending on the coming gameweeks.

Just playing the game according to the rules, as others do :rolleyes:

So you think the stats are in your favor? Well... I'd like to prove you wrong anytime. Just not sure why I'd bother to join.. what guarantee do I (we) have that you won't bitch again about some other rule and leave half-way the compie?

P.S. Limbo's right that we tried to talk you out of leaving the fantasy league. Not sure why the ignorant need to proclaim otherwise?

yes it was my decision to stop playing.

but only because i thought there were 2 bad decisions by the organisers and no chance to complain.

but i haven't done too badly considering i have done nothing to my Team.

regarding Rooney,don't you think it would have been silly to pick him while he was banned?.

i put him into my team when he was ready to play and would have made him my captain a long time ago.

if i had then i would have been in front of you with the points he has scored.

[color:red]So, that was still during the time that you changed your team, would he have been your captain at the beginning of the season? Doubtfull, since you knew he would be sidelined[/color]

it was your words that decided that i stay away from talking about Football in that thread.

[color:red]Let's get this straight once and for all, you suggested you might wanna stop participating, to which I merely said, if that's what you wanna do, do it. Don't put words in my mouth that I haven't said.

I'm too lazy to look it up, I'm sure you'll be back claiming otherwise. [/color]

but why am i not surprised that you are not tempted to play against me in a 1 team game?.

too scared to pit your wits against me without having the oppurtunity to make a lot of changes?.

i guess Zaad will do the same.......

i'm too old for ball and court games but if you want to ignore me then 'up to you'.

just let me know what you wanna do,just so that i don't reply to you by mistake.

BTW,it might have escaped your notice but i did reply to CS while i was pretending to have him on my ignore list......

[color:red]You must've been the only one who thought that was funny, well, Sayjann, I thought it very tasteless and you lost a lot of respect in my book for doing so.[/color]

Thought to outsmart you all during this midweek round, and made Watford's Young captain.

Not did they lose at home in a "6" point game, it was Young's first non appearance of the season.

Great! Luckily I had Pompey's Campbell transferred in, who had 9 points. Not a bad round, didn't loose any ground although I expected to gain some!

behave yourself young Man....

'and start posting like the normal old Sayjann in the football threads.

Let's get this straight once and for all, you suggested you might wanna stop participating, to which I merely said, if that's what you wanna do, do it. Don't put words in my mouth that I haven't said.

I'm too lazy to look it up, I'm sure you'll be back claiming otherwise'

i'm not talking about the Compie thread.

you suggested i stay away from the PL Thread on about page 8 i think........in August.

i stay away from the Compie Thread not because of any issues with the Players involved,just with the organisers.

you or any anyone elsehave nothing to do with my decision.

'You must've been the only one who thought that was funny, well, Sayjann, I thought it very tasteless and you lost a lot of respect in my book for doing so.

'You must've been the only one who thought that was funny, well, Sayjann, I thought it very tasteless and you lost a lot of respect in my book for doing so'

what is funny and tasteless......you have me stumped.

'not sure why I'd bother to join.. what guarantee do I (we) have that you won't bitch again about some other rule and leave half-way the compie?'

i have no problem playing a 1 Team Compie.

pick your squad and leave it for an entire Season,simple as that.

just let the organisers play the Game for you.

i've done that for the last 10 Weeks and still doing OK.

it would just be a Game of chance.

pick a squad which you think would do well over 9 Months and see how it goes.

i play in a Compie at work where you are only allowed to make 6 Transfers during the Season.

3 in November and 3 in February.

i made no transfers during the 1st window.

we play for a total of £60 prize Money each Month and so far i am 278 points ahead for the Season and and am £110 up in winnings.

and as we can only pick 11 Players it shows that you have to be more careful with your choices.

no transfers and automatic substitutions make a real difference.

behave yourself young Man....

'and start posting like the normal old Sayjann in the football threads.

Let's get this straight once and for all, you suggested you might wanna stop participating, to which I merely said, if that's what you wanna do, do it. Don't put words in my mouth that I haven't said.

I'm too lazy to look it up, I'm sure you'll be back claiming otherwise'

i'm not talking about the Compie thread.

you suggested i stay away from the PL Thread on about page 8 i think........in August.

i stay away from the Compie Thread not because of any issues with the Players involved,just with the organisers.

you or any anyone elsehave nothing to do with my decision.

[color:red]Sayjann, I am referring to the Pl Thread. Read my words again![/color]

'You must've been the only one who thought that was funny, well, Sayjann, I thought it very tasteless and you lost a lot of respect in my book for doing so.

'You must've been the only one who thought that was funny, well, Sayjann, I thought it very tasteless and you lost a lot of respect in my book for doing so'

what is funny and tasteless......you have me stumped.

[color:red]What's so difficult to understand here.

I didn't think it was funny at all to suggest you had CS on your ignore list.

Up to you though, wether you want to understand me or not. I'm not talking in some strange language[/color]

i have no problem playing a 1 Team Compie.

pick your squad and leave it for an entire Season,simple as that.

just let the organisers play the Game for you.

i've done that for the last 10 Weeks and still doing OK.

it would just be a Game of chance.

Game of chance isn't really my thing, I prefer the current one where one needs to 'plan ahead' and 'see' what players are able to do well in to weeks to come, still I'm pretty sure I can beat you with your version as well.

Your luck may bring you near me but in the end I'm confident my expertise outweighs the luck you so much rely on. ;)

Archived