PREMIER LEAGUE COMPETITION

sayjann

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sayjann Sayjann Sayjann :)

I'll go on as long as I need to .. so guys, grab the popcorn cause this ain't over yet :up:

(yep, nothing better to do than wasting my time discussing Fantasy League rules)

Anyways..

but the PL and Zaad are saying that Rooney never passed to OGS......

I said it wasn't an assist. He passed allright, so did many, lots of passes, numerous passes, passes all over. And only the LAST one before the goal is called an assist. Like...say.. a special pass if you wish Sayjann :)

Now take the following example...You and I play for Vitesse..I know not our fav club but play along here... so we play at Limbo's club, he's the manager btw...and in the 86th minutes you pass the ball to me. I dribble a few metres but don't see Chocolat Steve coming...he steals the ball passes around, keeps it in his teams' possession until I (with a bit of luck) recover the ball and smash it in behind Kman who didn't see the ball coming.

So if we go allll the way back it was your pass that should be counted as an assist, is it not? OF COURSE NOT and why?? because not all goals come from assists.

According to the Fantasy bozos the ball was at some point not in Man U's possession (neither the opponent's we don't no, irrelevant) THAT'S why no assist Sayjann.

Now that's not a matter of understanding the rules rather interpreting the exact situation on the pitch.

So in short.. you say the ball was ALWAYS in Man U's possession after Rooney's pass that's why you classify it as an assists...the bozos think otherwise, they say it was not at all times in their possession ... and I agree with them.

It's a thin line, I know, but a little understanding perhaps wouldn't be too much to ask for??

'ASSISTS

'These are awarded to the player from the goal scoring team who makes the last pass before a goal is scored'

i repeat.

it's there in plain English,the last pass before a Goal is scored.

the LAST PASS..............

no mention of what happens after the LAST PASS.

there are so many variables about what MIGHT happen after the LAST PASS.

but they are too complicated and unpredictable to list them all like you are.

you keep coming up with scenarios which are not listed in the RULES.

the organisers have made it simple by saying the LAST PASS before a Goal is scored.

and that is what happened,Rooney made the LAST PASS before the Goal was scored.

forget about what happened AFTER THE LAST PASS,this is not taken into consideration.

yes Limbo,there are more important things to worry about,but i have been cheated.

anyway,my last word on the matter.

good luck to all and GO KMAN,GO.........

Sayjann,

We seem to agree on the rules but not on the interpretation of what we call 'last pass'.

You're talking as if there's an assist for every goal. But that isn't the case.

If you just try to understand WHY they didn't give Rooney that 2nd assist maybe then you'd see the light as to why..and what exactly a so called 'last passed' is referred to on the pitch.

Apparently not all goals come from last passes and you should try to understand that important fact.

anyway,my last word on the matter.

good luck to all and GO KMAN,GO.........

Now that IS really fucked up!!!

Cheering for a Arsenal fan??? Fuck's sake what is the world coming to?

Don't you prefer a Villa-fan (moi) over him????

Argghhhh forget it.

Cheers dude!

:beer:

'anyway,my last word on the matter'

what part of my statement do you not fucking understand?........

i'm out of this Thread and the compie.

don't bother talking to me again about anything concerning this compie or the the PL.

i am not interested in this Thread and have been advised to stay away from chatting about the PL.

so no point in anyone talking to me as no replies will be forthcoming.

what part of my statement do you not fucking understand?........

Well, let's see...

you said it was your last word, does that mean I'm not entitled to state my opinion anymore?

A clear case of promises are like pie-crust :sleeping:

i'm out of this Thread and the compie.

And that for not receiving points for Rooney's "2nd assist" ??? :shakingheadindisbelief:

don't bother talking to me again about anything concerning this compie or the the PL.

Sayjanntje, unless you change your fucked-up attitude I prefer not to talk to you about this compie, the EPL, nor ANY other subject for that matter.

I forgive you if you're drunk, otherwise I highly recommend you to shove that chill pill I gave you last Christmas up your arse :up:

'Sayjanntje, unless you change your fucked-up attitude I prefer not to talk to you about this compie, the EPL, nor ANY other subject for that matter'

no problem with this compie as i have no interest anymore.

no problem with the EPL as i have not contributed for 2 Months in that Thread.

put me on your 'ignore list' if you want to.

as in the words of a rather pathetic Female comedy 'star'.........am i bothered....??????????

FINAL,FINAL WORD.........

How about this: At the end of the season the NPF shall award the Patong Flyers 3.5 points (the 3 sayjann firmly believes were not correctly awarded plus 0.5 for his aggravation).

Sound fair?

Just don't leave the pitch. It's not sporting.

Last week picked the wrong captain, Cahill, who scored one point. This week I was better off with Lampard.

Anybody had Rooney, if possible as captain? 55555 Don't think so.

Zaad, if you're lucky and Richards scores a point, you can come next to me, more than point and you overtake me.

Yeah I remember your unlucky picks for captains (2 times cahill with one past this month) but Ihave faith in Richard (do I? :crazy: ) who should get the average of 2 points and bring me to my deserved 3rd spot and ABOVE you :beer:

Nice competitive start for a change :up:

Archived