PREMIER LEAGUE COMPETITION

sayjann

Compie Rules........

'An assist is awarded when the goal scorer receives the ball directly from a team mate and scores'

Solksjaer received the ball directly from Rooney and scored.

no mention of losing the ball and then winning it back again.

'No assists are awarded for own goals or penalties'

so why has Lampard been given an assist when the Goal is officially classed as an own goal?.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Compie Rules........

'An assist is awarded when the goal scorer receives the ball directly from a team mate and scores'

no mention of losing the ball and then winning it back again.

That's where you are mistaken. He did NOT receive the ball from Rooney.. he stole the ball from the opposition. Before that he did get it from Rooney but that's like a pass before an assist and those don't count. What happened before that is irrelevant because the ball what not in his team's possession.

Not every scored goal comes from an assist, believe it or not. ;)

'No assists are awarded for own goals or penalties'

so why has Lampard been given an assist when the Goal is officially classed as an own goal?.

Frankly, I kinda agree here. I've got no clue honestly. Things is, I THOUGHT I understood until Gerrard was given an assist for causing a penalty in the very first gameweek. No pass, not putting another player in a goal-scoring position, he merely got awarded a penalty and thus an assist on his name as a teamplayer nicked it in afterwards.

So for the Lampard goal..I would say yes to both this one and the one I explained above but it ain't according to the rules. I think they need to rewrite those. :up: (at times) I agree the rules aren't as clear as they should be.

i make no aplogies for repeating this.

'An assist is awarded when the goal scorer receives the ball directly from a team mate and scores.

no mention of losing the ball and then winning it back again'

where does it say in THE RULES that it is not an assist if an opponent touches it?.

anyway,i'm disalussioned and will just say i can't be bothered with it all.

anyway my Team has done quite well without much tinkering.

i started GW 2 with 7 of the Players who are still in my Team.

i bought in Rooney and Scholes after their suspensions ended and with Drogba will be in the starting squad 95% of Games.

so i'm happy to leave my Team as it is and make NO transfers OR Team changes from now on.

the starting 11 you see will remain like that all Season.

only injuries and suspensions will fuck me up.

will be interesting to see how i fare.

where does it say in THE RULES that it is not an assist if an opponent touches it?.

because they say DIRECTLY...so if an opponent touches the ball it is NOT directly. That's not hard to understand, is it? :up:

'An assist is awarded when the goal scorer receives the ball directly from a team mate and scores.

So.. did Solskjaer receive it DIRECTLY from Rooney??? Fuck me if you say yes. :banghead:

'because they say DIRECTLY...so if an opponent touches the ball it is NOT directly. That's not hard to understand, is it?

So.. did Solskjaer receive it DIRECTLY from Rooney??? Fuck me if you say yes'

YES he did receive the ball DIRECTLY from Rooney.

what happens AFTER OGS received the ball is not explained.

no Wigan player touuched the ball before OGS touched the ball from Rooney's pass......so if no-one else touched it then i deem that as DIRECTLY.

and if you actually watch the Goal you will see OGS touch the ball with his left foot and go right while the Wigan defender carries on going left and falls to the ground.

the Wigan defender NEVER touches the ball and OGS shoots into the net.

the ball takes a slight touch off another defender but nothing which effects the ball going into the net.

the defender actually tried to pull OGS down but OGS was quick to get up and shoot for Goal.

Dear Sayjann,

Get off your high horse and enjoy the game, next time a decision goes into favour, like happened to me with Lampard recently, him being awarded a goal, especially sweet since I made him captain.

The times things didn't go in my favour outweigh this fact, however, I still enjoy the game.

You're just looking for excuses in case you end below me and that sucker called Zaad.

I do agree it's frustrating that you can't seem to be able to comment on the game to the organisers. It'd be good feat if you can give them feedback.

jumping on the bandwagon?.

but as you have perhaps you could explain to me one thing,as Zaad cannot.

when Rooney directed the ball in the general direction of OGS,which Wigan player touched the ball before OGS?.

i'm still in the Game,just not playing.

as i said my current starting 11 will remain the same all Season.

what the Organisers do with my Team is up to them and not me.

just to go on and on about the subject.

this is the official wording on the PL compie Homepage.

ASSISTS

'These are awarded to the player from the goal scoring team who makes the last pass before a goal is scored'

that to me is plain and simple.

Rooney passed the ball to OGS and a Goal was scored.......therefore an assist.

but the PL and Zaad are saying that Rooney never passed to OGS...... :doah:

and Zaad's mention of Gerrard getting an assist in GW 1 does not hold up.

that was a correct decision because the rules say.....

'In the event of a penalty, the player earning the penalty gets an assist if it is successfully scored, but not if he takes it himself in which case no assist is given'

as Fowler scored from the spot then Gerrard rightly gets the points for an assist.

i am aggrieved because i have been denied 3 points which i am owed and Players who had Lampard in their Team have gained 3 Points which they are not entitled to.

Archived