06/07 SEASON FOOTBALL THREAD

sayjann

shit man. This is really true. i thought it was a piss take by SJ. fuck thats bad.

agree with teddy about Ferdinand, also Neville. hes been steady but...

I know whats happened. Its the same what happens with the referees...Ferguson has bullied the guys that do this list into putting these Man U players on it. Thats it...what other logical reason could these playesr be on it for...

I mean Liverpool have the best defense but none of their defenders are on it. WTF?

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

all the awards were voted for by the Players themselves.

no Player can vote for a Team member and Rooney admitted voting for Drogba.

so no bias from anyone,just Players voting for their peers.

going back to Moaners comments about penalties,i have just watched the MU/Sheff Utd game and Sheff Utd should have had a penalty.

wether it would have changed the outcome of the game is another matter.

but the Ref lives round the corner from me and when i see him next i will congratulate him on his decision........ :applause:

further to the penalty question........

not my words btw.

'"There have been 3 penalties awarded against Utd at OT this season, none against Chelsea at the Bridge. Utd have had 5 penalties awarded, Cheelsea 4. Get the facts straight Jose"

According skysports news, the penalty stats are:

Chelsea- awarded - 4

conceded - 2

Man U - awarded - 5

conceded - 4

While ManU are allowed to foul players at OT, Chelsea are allowed two goalkeepers (Cech and Terry) in every game. Thats probably why they suffered with Terry out - only one player was allowed to handball at a time.

ok,the stats don't tell the whole story but no Pens at the Bridge says something.

i have no idea how the night will plan out,but hoping for a MU win...... :chili:

but the defensive side worries me at the moment.

it's ok playing the likes of Watford and Sheff Utd (meaning no disrespect) but Milan are a different prospect.

Kaka and Pirlo worry me and hopefully our forwards will have one of those days when everything hits the back of the net.

and don't forget MU have never beaten Milan in the European Cup........ :doah:

Well done to UTD. Ok they were lucky to get the first goal against Everton but to score 3 more after it takes some doin under the pressure they were with things at Stamford Bridge. Its this ability to do this that will see the title go to UTD. I m certainly no MAn U fan but credit where credit is due. Chelsea on the other hand were found short. Five points now and a win against Man city should just about do it.

It would be a very very brave man to bet against them now. I was divided about who I wanted to win it, but Mourinho this week is such an arrogant slanderous twat that it ll tighten him to lose in the face of his arrogance...

Last Saturday I thought United had blown their chance after the Draw with Boro but my mood lightened on Sunday after result at the Magpies. Five minutes into the Second Half tonight Chelsea were leading and we were trailing 2-0, as it stood the gap was down to goal differance but by the end of the Games it was 5 points, leaving United needing 4 points from the remaining 3 games.

What an emotional roller coaster ride they put me through, but its probably one of the reasons I love the game so much.

Given City's form at The Council of Manchester this season (no goals since December) I can't see them punishing a second string back four and United have enough firepower that we should pick

all 3 points, meaning the Chelsea have to go to Emirates on Sunday and win. After their previous 2 league performances not a forgone conclusion.

Arsenal may not come out of this campaign empty handed afterall, they may have the pleasure of eding Chelseas title dreams and wiping the smug grin off maureens face.

Happy Days!

like Mekong i thought the result against Boro could have been our downfall but was a happy chappie after the Toon kept out Chelsea.

MU had dropped 5 points in 3 Games and i was concerned the dreaded bad run had finally reared it's ugly head.

i left for work at half-time of todays games and not happy with MU losing and Chelsea winning.....GD was the gap now.

but about 16:30 someone made a comment to me about what a great result it was today and i just hoped that meant MU had mananged to get a win.

finally saw the results at 17:30 and was jumping around for joy.......... :elephant::chili::yay::grinyes:

4 more points need to win the PL on GD if Chelsea win their 3 remaining games.

i refuse to believe we will fail to beat West Ham in the Final Game so i will be happy with a draw at City.

fuck,i believe we can afford to lose to Chelsea....... :beer:

but i would love to win the PL at their ground...... :monkey:

hopefully now MU will be pumped up for the Milan Game after coming from behind the 2 Games.

but i'm sure my thoughts and predictions will be totally wrong.......... :doah:

but i hope it doesn't go down to the last Game.

i've arranged to fly to Spain for a 4 Day break with the GF on the last Day.

i've told her that if the PL goes to the wire i will be looking for a Bar which will be showing the Games.

SHE IS NOT HAPPY at that prospect.......... :mad:

she will be on a romantic break and DOES not want to spend the first Afternoon watching me get drunk and making a fool of myself...... :(

some women i know are not that bad at understand the passion and tribal instincts of the game.

but not the GF............ :crazy:

i've explained to her that while i was away in the US for a Month i missed her so much....... ;)

and this little trip to Spain was a way of saying thanks for letting me go without her.

i don't mind visiting churches if she wants to do her business,in fact i quite like visiting churches myself.

but for 3 hours of the trip i might need to do something which is my religion.

i would like to see the Trophy presented if it's on the final Day.

after that what she wants,she can have.

she has sorted of understood that after May she will have my undivided attention as no Football for 3 Months.

Archived