06/07 SEASON FOOTBALL THREAD

sayjann

just watched a Footie phone-in show and the pundits and myself were aghast when a caller (Chelsea fan) said that MU are a one-man team.........

and that Player is Ronaldo and without him MU would have been middle of the table this Season........ :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotl::rotl:

i can't remember when MU were last middle of the table at the end of the season,not in the PL anyway.

so if we forget Ronnie then Rooney,Giggs,Scholes would not have made an impact?.

and with the other Players chipping in with Goals and defensive performances which they had to perform by playing out of position means nothing?.

i wonder how many of the 121 Goals MU have scored in 55 games this Season have been scored by Ronaldo or him supplying the decisive pass.

take Drogba out of Chelsea and his Goals and Chelsea would probably not be where they are at the moment............

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ronaldo scored 16 times and had 16 assists in the EPL only. That's more than 25% of 121 goals, not counting goals he scored in other comps or assists he had there.

The guy may have a point about the one man team, unfortunately he may be a bit off about the table position.

I think Man U deserve more credit than that, Limbo.

I've seen many players in very good form but Ronaldo just seems to bring it more often than not this season. More consistent than ever and of course it does do the team's morale very good when he does play. But it's still a great team performance from the squad.

Saying Ronaldo 'made' Man U champions is taking credit away from both the squad and the manager (which they highly deserve), bit unfair IMO.

Ronaldo is the mvp of the squad, much like Henry was to us in past seasons. A few other things went to their success. Giggs and Scholes staying healthy and they added a lot of experience in crunch times. The back line is decimated now but for them most part they had a healthy enough back line that had enough quality to keep out goals.

I was hoping Real Madrid or Barca will come in with a bid for him.

MU edge a little closer to the Title....... :applause::chili:

the City game was quite low key IMO but one incident comes to mind.

i won't make any comment as i will only be accused of being biased,only want thoughts from others.

the 'tackle' on Ronaldo,does anyone condone it?.

was it a stamp? and if so should Ball be handed a ban in hindsight?.

and what of the West Ham situation?.

should they have been docked points for admitting to lying and breaking the rules?.

considering others Teams seem to have been treated more harshly for other offences?.

any thoughts on the matter that other Teams might be considering legal action over the matter?.

for you my friend.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/west_ham_utd/6594613.stm

West Ham were deemed to have broken the rules but wether it was intentional i don't know.

Points deduction was one of the options of punishment.

a few Years ago Middlesborough asked for a game to be postponed because they had a flu epidemic at the Club and felt they couldn't field a Team.

their request was denied but they cancelled the game anyway and had a 3 Point deduction as a penalty and were ultimately relegated.

and this Season a Team was thrown out of the FA Cup for fielding an illegible Player.

so there is some support for the notion that WH were treated leniantly.

other Teams are concerned about the matter,well those that are in the relegation mire.

WH were fined 5.5 Million but that is a drop in the ocean compared to what they will earn from all the money on offer from next Season.

talking to people at work and the general thought is that if WH had already been relegated they would have had a Points deduction.

many people think they have got away with it and that it stinks.

there is no guarantee that WH will stay up as results on the final Day will determine everything.

not to be bias but i just can't see them getting the 3 Points at MU next Week which could save them.

Sayjann,

the 'tackle' on Ronaldo,does anyone condone it?.

was it a stamp? and if so should Ball be handed a ban in hindsight?.

That should've been a black card!

I'd be pissed off if I were his manager. Especially for yesterday's derby match against arch rivals Man U having a player sent off is the least thing you'd want in the first few minutes fo the game. Very foolish and I'd punish him for that whether seen by ref or not.

and what of the West Ham situation?.

should they have been docked points for admitting to lying and breaking the rules?.

In the article they said the reason for no point deduction were guilty plea and new management.

Fuck that! IMHO.

Clubs are always punished, regardless who or what is running the club, so in all fairness the other teams who've been punished for similar offences, West Ham should have gotten point deduction as well.

The fact that new faces are running the club is irrelevant, or believe me, it'll become a trend.

there is no guarantee that WH will stay up as results on the final Day will determine everything.

not to be bias but i just can't see them getting the 3 Points at MU next Week which could save them.

Well, if they're lucky they can even permit to lose if Wigan and Charlton continue their losing streak :rolleyes:

Archived