06/07 SEASON FOOTBALL THREAD

sayjann

Oh please... :shakehead

You've always been a rich club and for you or anyone else to go on crying about Chelsea and trying to make out how poor you are is .. :barf:

Even if Abramovich sanctioned unlimited spending (and it doesn't appear that he does anymore),

1. He's only been doing it for about 2-3 YEARS. You've had a headstart of 20-30 years.

2. There are only 11 players in a team so unlimited cash isn't that big an advantage (as long as you've got plenty of money yourself, AS MAN UTD HAVE).

E.g. Once Chelsea have bought two great wingers, what club do you think the next great winger will want to go to? :dunno:

Glory in your win but don't try to big it up like it's poor boy versus rich giant.

Btw, transfers you forgot to mention in your "we self-finance by great transfer dealing" list:

Veron - you bought at 28, sold at 15 (Oops - 13 million down already :doah: )

Barthez - you bought at 7.8, sold at .. nothing.

Jesper Blomqvist - bought at 4.4, sold .. nothing

Dwight Yorke - bought 12.6, sold at 2.6.

Kleberson - bought 5.9, sold for 2.5

with the 9 million loss on Ruud, that adds up...

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK,

Instead of assumptions lets look at FACTS, Transfers since the Premiership began Liverpool against Manchester United.

Liverpool Transfer History is From this Source

Manchester United Transfer History is From this Source

LIVERPOOL Since 1992

Total on Players Bought 264,271,000

Total from Players Sold 121,875,000

Total Effectively Spent 142,396,000

MANCHESTER UNITED Since 1992

Total on Players Bought 283,040,000

Total from Players Sold 147,840,000

Total Effectively Spent 135,200,000

So, since the begining of the Premiership Manchester United have spent 18,760,000 more than Liverpool but have recieved 25,965,000 more on returns of players sold, effectivley meaning that Uniteds Gross Spending on transfers is 7,196,000 LESS than Liverpool.

Granted, United do have 30,000,000 Rio, 28,000,000 Rooney, 18,700,000 Carrick, 12,800,000 Ronaldo yet this has been achieved by spending over 7,000,000 Less than Liverpool since the premiership began. As previously stated, Shrewd dealings in the Transfer Market, A good Youth System and on field success.

Check the figures out for yourselves from the websites I have referenced, or check out the attached spreadsheet to save you doing the maths.

Nice stats that I don't doubt (particularly given what tits Houllier and Souness were in transfer dealings :mad: )...

.. but they're about something we're not even discussing!

What I'm talking about is the myth that ManU are this poor little club against the rich mighty Chelsea.

Poor little ManU, paying over £20m for 2 or 3 players in the last few seasons. :rotfl:

You win the league, good for you. But why do some people try to dress it up as more than it is? :dunno:

I didn't see any Liverpool fans qualifying the 2005 Champions League victory by saying "and poor little us did it against almighty all-rich Chelsea/Milan/etc". They just said "we won".

I also haven't seen a team celebrate a league title in about 4 or 5 different games, like ManU. I.e. Running around the pitch as though they've won the league already, a few months ago when getting a lucky late victory against mighty Fulham. That was a single game and there were about 10 still to play! Then they over-celebrated again, jumping over each other as though they'd won the league already with a similarly lucky late win at Liverpool. Then again at Everton.

What's with that? What happened to celebrating a trophy once, when you've actually won it? :dunno:

and don't forget that transfer dealings are not

all that they seem.

the Rooney transfer carried the proviso that MU would pay 1 Million every time time MU won the PL or CL.

actual fees are much less than published as mnay have conditions.

and don't forget that MU had to threaten to take the Italians to court over the Stam transfer.

fees are not paid in full upfront.......

anyway off to Spain for a few Days........see you all later..... :wave:

Bibblies, why are you always whining?

I agree with you that Chelsea might be a temporary thing, when Roman looses interest it is over, however it is a bit pointless to call them the rich boys and imply that being rich is something bad! Jose wanted Ballack and now since he is injured they don't win games anymore and he was the one who brought the into the FA cup final, since he is a German they rather pretend he got this surgery because he was too lazy to play, funny team that is and I said it at the beginning of the season, every title Chelsea won't win is good for football.

We are talking about ridiculous salaries here and when I hear that they are going to pay 28 million + 5 million cash for Owen Hargreaves my stomach dances the lambada for laughing! A borderline retarded kid like Wayne Rooney earning possible 33 millions + sponsor money + private commercials! Please please please, he is indeed a good player but after all he is just playing football! These high salaries are obscure!

Archived