Middle East crisis.

Guest baldrick

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My belief is close to ancient atheistic buddhism, my opinion is that god(s) is/are just something invented my people frightened of death and such superstitions are upheld by those in power to enslave the peoples.

I have some questions (I'm not necessarily quoting fellow members):

1) If "it's all about oil" then wouldn't the US be inclined to support the Arabs over the Israelis?

2) If "it's all about oil" then why did American oil companies lobby against the invasion of Iraq?

3) If "it's all about arms production" would it follow that the arms merchants are 100% for UN sponsored ceasefires generally? You know, to keep the pot boiling? I'm honestly asking if this is the case.

4) If "it's all about the Jews taking over the world" as posited by neo-fascists and whatnot, why are there fewer Jews in the world today than in 1914? I mean, the Jews don't seem to be doing too well, do they?

5) If the Israelis and Hezbollah, Hamas etc. are at best morally equivalent, why is Israel held to the highest moral standards and their enemies to none at all? Doesn't this view dehumanize Arabs?

What's it all about? Well according to the experts it's about creating a New Middle East where cheap oil will flow and Arabs and Jews will be nice to each other.

First there was PNAC's grand design...

http://www.newamericancentury.org/

Then there was the War on Terror reaction after 911 and a few other attempts to spread freedom and democracy. Now Israel has it's hands full with a few jihadi/terrorists. The US and the UN look kind of powerless.

I'm not sure anybody knows what 'it's all about' for sure.

Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice returned to the Middle East to push a refined U.S. peace plan.

Hezbollah leader Sheik Hassan Nasrallah marked Rice's arrival with a threat to fire rockets even deeper into Israel.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060729/ap_on_re_mi_ea/lebanon_israel

Why is Ms. Rice there without other area state officials visible?

Wouldn't it be better to have heads of states from; Syria, Saudi, Iran, etc...let the "little' guys get involved, maybe something can get done.

If the "little" guys are not interested to attend, then let the world know that they are not interested!

Israel just killed at least 40 civilians in an air raid in Tyre. I'm watching BBC news. There's an Israeli representative on saying, "We told all these people to leave the area, its not our fault.".

They refused to allow safe passage to civilians who are cut off with no food or water.

They've hit the UN.

There are mass graves being filled with the bodies of innocent women and children.

I'm just sick of it. How can anyone support this? Fuck Israel! Fuck America! Fuck anyone who supports this.

Sorry for the rant but it is sickening watching this unfold with the international community either ignoring the situation or outright supporting the Israelis, like the US.

Archived