First impressions

khunsanuk

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

"Is the name of the board gone?"

Yes, the board has changed names as well. Nanaplaza.com no longer represented the topic range on the board accurately.

Mekong:

"Active Topics Shows Thread Starter not most recent poster

Multipage Threads Open at first page not most recent

Recent Posts list the Poster and the thread, but only show that post, not the most recent page of the thread."

I've made a note of this and will see what I can do about fixing things. I'm afraid it is unlikely to be before the weekend though.

rickfarang:

"Links to threads on the old site are now, of course broken."

Yes, I'm afraid so.

"I don't suppose there is a link translation tool or script that could fix these, is there?"

Perhaps. This seems to work:

old link:

http://board.nanaplaza.com//showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=UBB9&Number=514134&Main=513732#Post514134

new thread:

http://www.thai360.com/fbb/showtopic.php?tid/514134/

I.e. find the 'Number' in the old link and add it after the 'tid' in the new link.

Sanuk!

Hi,

We'll be using both Google AdSense (hopefully :) and AdBrite. The Google ones will go on all non-nightlife forums, the AdBrite ones on the nightlife pages (which, btw, will be closed for non-registered members to prevent spiders from going in there and picking up the filth ;) ).

Sanuk!

I think you will have people complaining about the board simply because it is different. It will take some getting used to but as many other have already mentioned, its easier to log on to Thai360 than Nana Plaza in a public setting, work place, etc.

I assume that you will keep the NP domain and just continue to forward traffic to this site?

Archived