First impressions

khunsanuk

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually I prefer more muted colours. IMHO the contrast between the dark blue and the light colours in the threads is much too strong. Instead of the content the most visible parts are the buttons (online, add topic, and the small menue bar in very post).

Nevertheless good work KS!

PS: I would group "Accomodation" and "Travel and Transportation" directly togehter.

i was one of those who said that i didn't like it on 1st impressions.

i voted no after 5 Minutes here and while i don't like the bright new colours i am getting used to it gradually.

but i still find a couple of things a little different from the old Board.

my signature has disappeared and even though i have tried to put it back nothing happens.

had a bit of a problem when i first viewed Threads.

would see a Thread that had 200 Posts and i had problems just seeing what had been posted since i had last looked.

i understood that as it was a 'new Board' that every post would be included but it was a pain.

but it seems to have sorted itself out now and i only see the last few Posts like before.

but still having problems with the PM bit.

got sent one and replied but still not sure how to send one.

Hi,

"I think you will have people complaining about the board simply because it is different."

Of course :)

"I assume that you will keep the NP domain and just continue to forward traffic to this site? "

Yes. Actually, Jigger just mentioned that he is thinking about setting up a board there as well, which uses the same database as this one, but maybe show only the Nightlife section by default.

Sanuk!

KS,

I would be one of the most "techno" challenged individuals around....but with the help of my Guide Dog and a white cane....I'm doing fine...sorta....and I'm sure Tomorrow will be even easier...

Sure, some things are different and it will take a little while to adjust....but Hey, if I can do it....anyone can.

Congrats, well done....the speed alone is worth the "learning curve"

Cheers DS :):)

Me, my dog, and the maddeningly mice scratching and crawling in the walls in this pitiful flat :applause: . . . are happy !

Was the "member since" discussed? Maybe I missed that discussion. I try to read everything but my flat has piles and piles of old newspapers and magazines that I may, sometime, might, read again.

Archived