3-strike system

khunsanuk

There seems to be some subjectivity involved; however, I don't see that as a problem as your reputation is preceeded by your past actions.

Common sense would seem to be a good indicator of what might result in a strike. BTW, how did they ever find out about the three strike rule in the Netherlands? ... didn't know they followed the great American past time there (? pastime ... I haven't seen a game all season; and the Red Sox are in first place, aren't they?).

Hey, it's your board. You are known to run a

tight ship; and, most members definitely appreciate that; and, it's something you should be proud of.

Oh, for those prone to "major violations," may I suggest the new Chang Light!

Think before you speak ... sometimes, it's best to sleep upon a potentailly damaging reply. Sometimes you can sneak in a flame by wording it with stealth ... case(s) of brains over brawn!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, in contrary IMHO: If the strikes aren't given publicly noone will now know what the rules are exactly. Like before, the warnings will have educational effect.

:tophat::spank:

Kamui,

I chose the wrong words. I have no problem with getting a warning in public. I don't think it is right though to have a sign next to your avatar that says "one more strike and you're out." And this is what I think OH was referring to and what could lead to flaim-baiting.

Cheers!

KS,

At the end of the day this board is the fruit of your own efforts, and I think I speak for many when I say we appreciate your efforts in giving us all a place to mouth off.

Over the years I have been guilty on a few occassions of transgressing board rules (admit it who hasn't), and have been warned to adjust my approach acordindingly.

I think most of us realise where you are trying to take this site, and Good Luck to you, if anyone has a problem with the way it is run they have the alternative to move on or form their own forum. As long as warnings are kept private I have no problems with this.

Is this the " Judge , Jury and Exicutioner " type of court system , is there an " Appeal " process ?

Also KS , calling it " 3 strike " may be a bad term. Ya see , come October , in North America , our baseball season comes to an end , and " 3 strikes " is a baseball term. Our baseball season will end with what is called the " World Series "

Many of the non-north americans take offence to the " World " part of that , obvious soccer reference to the " World Cup "

Maybe you could name it the " 3 Headbutt Penalty Red Card " :cool:

Bada :beer: Bing

Guest HonoluluJimmy

Some systems have a notator that is visable only to the member..... Now, here is probably my first and for my last strike...Here is the pitch.

Will Moddie status be published or are there going to be secret agents lurking about. There seems to be some history etc so I'm just wondering how level will the playing field be? Now I know the mound is raised and befitting onle a Picther, Monk or ????? but what about the rest of the board. Trools with additional power etc?

Guest HonoluluJimmy
Why would you give a crap who is a mod and who isnt , follow the rules and play nice , who gives a fuck who's watching. For all we know , KS may assume the role of 7 mods.... :angel:

Bada :beer: Bing

The response is exactly what I was talking about!

Archived