What can we learn from the Thais?

Zaad

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bust1's comment

[color:red]That motorbikes are capable of carrying 2 adults and 3 children, that your average size pick-up can carry up to 19 people, that red lights are optional, that the white lines on roads are absolutely useless, it is safe to overtake on a blind corner. [/color]

and you can also drive on the sidewalk.

[color:blue](1)[/color] I also have learned knew meaning, variants and applications of the expression [color:red]"mai pen rai".[/color][color:white]xxxxxxxxx :shhh: [/color]

[color:blue](2)[/color] I learned the new freedom of yanking out the lizard and taking a wiz in front of somebodies house or store.

[color:blue](3)[/color] I found out it can be cost effective to live in Thailand. For example, I bought some garbage bags so they could be used as a means of disposing the garbage. What I found out is the way Thais seem to dispose of garbage is to haul it over to the nearest house in the area were nobody is living and dump the shit right there in the driveway. When I saw that, I was able to get my neighbor to stop dumping his shit in the driveway of the nearest empty house but to dump the shit inside the wall out of sight of those passing by.

That motorbikes are capable of carrying 2 adults and 3 children, that your average size pick-up can carry up to 19 people, that red lights are optional, that the white lines on roads are absolutely useless, it is safe to overtake on a blind corner.

Bust I saw a personal record at Mai Sae on my visa run last week, I lost count at well over thirty people standing up in the standard 8x5 pick up tray. Mrs swears she counted forty.

I think a lot of farang women could learn a thing or 2 from Thai ladies about sex....that's all i'm saying! Oh yeah and also how to look good, not pile on the pounds, have grace and elegance....and be proud of their femininity....

LP,

i like the way thais leave the engine running while pumping gas/petrol, saves the starter motor wear and tear!

To change the subject for a short moment, I do wonder if it would have ANY effect on the pollution problem had the Thais turned off their engines at the main intersections in BKK.. sometimes over 10 min!!! before lights turn green.

With the huge amount of cars and motorcycles day in day out it surely would do SOME good, eventhough a little only, all bits would help. (yeah , not the Thai thinking is it)

If it hasn't been done before perhaps they should launch a campaign, surely it wouldn't increase the pollution problems :rolleyes: Nothing risked nothing gained.

Zombie,

Oh yeah and also how to look good, not pile on the pounds, have grace and elegance....and be proud of their

Agree with you, but surely a farang body is harder to maintain than a Thai body, is it not?

Without going into a detailed discussion on genes-/lifestyle-/climate-/food- differences etc. which all contribute to this aspect, I think we should cut them some (a little?) slack.

However, some surely don't seem to give fuck all about their weight.

Hi,

"To change the subject for a short moment, I do wonder if it would have ANY effect on the pollution problem had the Thais turned off their engines at the main intersections in BKK.. sometimes over 10 min!!! before lights turn green."

Hear, hear :applause:

Sanuk!

i like the way thais leave the engine running while pumping gas/petrol' date=' saves the starter motor wear and tear!

(I'm going to send this to Viz top tips section!!)[/quote']

Excuse my mechanical ignorance. Is is bad to leave your car engine running when putting gas in the car. Or maybe dangerous?

Yes you are correct it is a Fire Hazzard

Here in Brazil, the bus system works pretty well. you pay as you enter, but the "conductor" is sat far enough into the bus that, as soon as people board, the bus is off again. Just about anywhere you want to go in the city (in this case, Rio) for less than $1.

Riding the buses here is a hoot. Most of the drivers think they're Aryton Senna reincarnated, they seem to forget the size of the vehicle. They hammer along just about as fast as they can. Can be interesting if you are still stood up paying your fare :D

Hi,

"To change the subject for a short moment, I do wonder if it would have ANY effect on the pollution problem had the Thais turned off their engines at the main intersections in BKK.. sometimes over 10 min!!! before lights turn green."

Hear, hear :applause:

Sanuk!

Easy for you to say, have you ever sat in a car with air con off, baking in sun, for 10 mins?

I don't disagree with the principal, just this particular implementation. :mad:

TH

Archived