Aircraft Terror Plot

Mentors

Yep,

I just read this 5 minutes ago. Airports receive a cut up to 30% from Duty Free sales, plus they make a lot of money with the leases. Sooner or later they need to charge higher landing fees e.g.

or maybe become more efficient with the money they have to wortk with. ( no ceo lunches, workers standing around now working, re-decorating lounges, public areas, ect)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Instead of banning countless items, wouldn't it be simpler and more effective to ban Muslims?

Think about it:

El Al Israeli Airlines effectively does that.

What Muslim would ever fly El Al?

And El Al has managed to stay free of these sorts of problems from their passangers.

(Not free of all problems, of course, but the sort of problem where a passanger brings a weapon or bomb aboard.)

On the other hand, there are decent airlines where Muslims are certainly welcome: Emirates immediately comes to mind.

I'm planning a trip out from Thailand to several Western countries.

Convenient airlines for the trip are EVA Air, Thai Air, and Emirates.

I asked my Thai travel agent here in Bangkok which airline he recommends.

He said, "Better if you fly on EVA, krup."

When I asked why, he said, with alacrity, "No Muslim on EVA."

Sorted.

I know a TSA official (who will remain unnamed so don't ask) who says that the situation has been blown out of proportion to make the governments look like their security apparatus is so incredibly effective. There was a plot no doubt but not as grandiose as they are trying to make it seem.

I wonder at what point they will begin to use this episode as another excuse to erode more personal freedoms...[color:green]like a plot confusing this is[/color]...

Yes, I commented on it in another thread in the board bar. So, some dimwit cops in easty nowhere find these guys, discover 1000 cell phones, the FBI somehow concludes they are out to distroy a bridge...o.k.

Of all these alleged plots, and what niots, most I think are exagerated, or out right lies. Yes, we will have an attack here, will they know about it before hand? (as they supposedly did before 9/11) who knows, will they stop it before it happens? or let it happen to scare us into further submission, and give up more rights.

This plot, as I and others mentioned, was thought up years back, was supposed to happen out of the Phillipines and maybe Hong Kong...was discovered and foiled, no action taken to stop it from happening in the future, by banning certain carry on items...why now?

Khun004,

Instead of banning countless items, wouldn't it be simpler and more effective to ban Muslims?

What about the majority of Muslim who don't harm anyone? Would that be fair for them?

That's a form of racism (religion-wise) and if airlines apply such rules it'll be an opened can of worms you wish you had left untouched.

Archived