Aircraft Terror Plot

Mentors

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is worth remembering that every single terror alert released by the US, UK and Canadian government since 9/11 has proven to be unfounded or fabricated.

From Time Magazine

Toying With Terror Alerts?

"The 18 months prior to the 2004 presidential election witnessed a barrage of those ridiculous color-coded terror alerts, quashed-plot headlines and breathless press conferences from Administration officials. Warnings of terror attacks over the Christmas 2003 holidays, warnings over summer terror attacks at the 2004 political conventions, then a whole slew of warnings of terror attacks to disrupt the election itself. Even the timing of the alerts seemed to fall with odd regularity right on the heels of major political events. One of Department of Homeland Security chief Tom Ridge's terror warnings came two days after John Kerry picked John Edwards as his running mate; another came three days after the end of the Democratic convention.

So it went right through the 2004 election. And then not long after the champagne corks stopped popping at Bush campaign headquarters, terror alerts seemed to go out of style. The color codes became yesterday's news."

The author goes on...

"Two weeks later there was another report of a foiled plot, this one a far more serious-sounding scheme to blow up the Holland Tunnel, which connects New Jersey to Manhattan. Sensing their credibility might be running thin, FBI officials as well as members of media started referring to these plotters as the "real deal" plotters, presumably to distinguish them from whack jobs in Miami. These guys too, it turned out, hadn't done much more than talk in an Internet chat room about blowing something up. And their plan to flood downtown New York City with sea water from a demolished tunnel would have been complicated a bit by the fact that, unlike New Orleans, Manhattan is well above sea level.

The "tell" in this case was the date. The FBI got wind of this plot last summer and arrests were made back in April. So why did we hear about them on July 7, the anniversary of the London bombings? I believe the question answers itself. The story was leaked to pump up the anniversary of the London subway bombings on July 7, 2005, and remind people that if it could happen in London it could happen here. The dozens if not hundreds of law enforcement folks who worked on thwarting this embryonic plot were not part of some political scheme. But whoever chose July 7 to leak the story clearly was. With the mid-term election less than four months away, for some people, that's a helpful message."

Yes, and oddly, when "another Peal Harbour" was needed to justify invading Afganistan, poof 9/11...when an excuse was needed to invade Iraq, poof, WMD, which Terrorists, harboured by Iraq *Might* be planning to use against the USA...Where are all the sleeper cells of Al Quaida operatives that are supposedly hiding in the USA...?

Again, report the truth, the facts, not some half assed "...maybe, possibly...could be..." crap, and hype the red alerts...if it means waiting a few days or weeks, to get an accurate story what is wrong with the wait?

"...It is worth remembering that every single terror alert released by the US, UK and Canadian government since 9/11 has proven to be unfounded or fabricated..."

What? I am not some left wing/right wing wako who believes in conspiracy theories? There is actually some truth to my ranting?

Sad is sooner or later it will become a case of "the sky is falling chicken little" and they will give us anotyher real attack as a reminder...of course sooner or later, there will be an attack, and then all the rumors about who knew what and when, and how/why they didn't stop it etc...will all come out.

Stocks :up: Oil :down: and Gold is :down: also

the latest from wall street , that is unless you doubt them too... :cool:

Bada :beer: Bing

The opening paragraph goes with my theory here:

"...Have the financial markets become accustomed to terrorist plots?

Normally after terror-related news stocks would be sharply in the red, oil would be climbing and investors would be moving to safe-haven investments.

Instead, U.S. equities are barely changed, oil prices are retreating and gold prices are down, despite the announcement of a thwarted plot to set off explosions on flights to the United States..."

Good! opposite from past events/alerts. Remember in the past "...oil closed higher today as fears of new terror attacks...?" And I seem to recall the Carlisle group made a killing betting on the airline index to take a dump, oddly just days before 9/11...

Hopefully people are waking up, and won't let this crap sway them. Reallyn sad to see airline stocks down...wonder if people are canceling their trips as they did immediately after 9/11?

"...hmmm , just a thought , if you are " color blind " do these alerts really mean anything.....

Bada Bing..."

That is just plain lame, you really need a trip to LOS, have one planned by chance? :)

Some talk shows in the US are saying this incident may be used for a reason to invade Iran. I still say before GWB finishes his term, he will try crippling or destroying the Axis of Evil. Right now, many people are going to the side for war with Iran. I think that war with Iran will happen with the war with North Korea to follow.

The UK police are very good...hope the no hand luggage rule is world wide..

are you fucking nuts?? no hand luggage? sorry, some of us don't roam the world simply looking for pussy, we carry out important work in thailand and are dependent on things like laptops and digital video cameras, which must be carried on a plane and in our possession at all times...fuck if I'm going to trust those delicate items to the gorillas who handle baggage, haha!

preahko

Archived