Rape in Phucket of Aussie girl

Zorro

siamaloha,

Don't know what causes your thauivisa bashing, they have however very interesting discussions about everything Thai related, also the down sides of Thailand.

Do you read it yourself at all?

If you follow the news forum there, it's definately not only about promised rose gardens.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Her friends really were thinking only of themselves of having a few more laughs or consuming more alcohol..

I couldn't agree more. But it's not too surprising given the level of naivety of many young western tourists.

Everything's so quaint in these tourist destinations, and everyone's so nice and then bang! Doesn't matter what country it is.

I remember taking a trip to Maccu Piccu with a couple of girls, and they weren't all that young (late twenties). We were at a disco in Cuzco, and one chick took it upon herself to catch a taxi, in order to ditch the guy she was with.

When she didn't turn up at our hotel, the first place the police took me to look for her was the hospital. Then it was on to the fire trails in the hillsides. They were on to something there.

She made it back to the hotel, after the taxi driver tried to rape her in the car, but she managed to escape, after losing an earring and a shoe, and having a few claws to the face.

She rolled down a grade into a French expat's backyard, and he drove her back to the hotel later.

She was pretty traumatized, and I thought she'd learned a lesson, but she still acted like a slut as long as I knew her. LOL

<>

A few expats here of 20 years (cough Suadum) think like this, cynical casual visitors like me know the truth, los is far more dangerous than the uk for example--overall at least, of course 'ThongLor' is safer than Mosside or Chapel Town :stirthepo:skull::redflag::tophat:

Back to it. NO place is safe if you fail to follow simple precautions. Cardnialblue hit the nail on the head. Putting a drunk young female into a stranger's vehicle is just asking for trouble. I would not do that in any country on the planet. If her friends had been proper friends, someone would have taken her home. Christ, I just did this last week with a BG friend I know because I found her stumbling around Sukhumvit at Soi 33 legless at 0230 -- I was little better, but was able to keep control of the situation and get us both back to our respective homes safely.

Now before the "black-n-whiters" whinge that I am defending the perp, I am in NO way doing so. I think that tuk-tuk drivers are amongst the lowest forms of scum. I am just saying that people need to take responsibility for their own actions, and to look out for their friends. No one else will. That's what being an adult is all about.

Regards,

SD

There is really nothing to debate here SD-

The friends studpidly unwittingly help set her up to get raped.They shoudl feel like shit. I just lectured/informed about los a friends daughter for some 30 minutes last week because she and her very pretty group of USA early 20 girl friends were heading to LOS for three weeks.

I said two or three times" do not under any circumstances leave any of your friends behind at night or even during the day with anyone "

They were't thinking and as WE know this happens alot in BKK-MOst of my female friends in BKK wont take a taxi late at night let alone a TUk tuk

Yea its dangerous but NOT THINKING is more dangerous.

Damn shame too...

Hi,

zzzz, was that comment really necessary?

Or in other words:

"Don't you have anything better to do than complain about what's been said :doah: "

Sanuk!

None of the comments are really necessary.

At that moment, I didn't have anything better (but I've been very busy lately).

Hi,

"After reading this, I don't feel too bad about some of my posts I regret making"

I guess you don't recall the incident a few years back in Chiang Mai where a farang girl got raped & killed. They said a farang guy did it, and when the sperm didn't match the police came up with the idea that he might have paid a tuk-tuk driver to jerk off in a sock and placed that sperm on the scene.

Sanuk!

Absolutely correct J. I guess it is just a way of looking at it. ANYPLACE is dangerous if you are stupid/careless/lazy. The converse is also true.

But once again, because of the hysterical types here (not directed at you J), I must say that does NOT mean I am excusing what the criminal did...if you guys can wrap your brains around that.

And what is safe for a single male is not nnecessarily safe for a single female. :nono: Need I say that?

I am sure your daughter and her friends will be fine; she is old enough to heed your words and you have the experience. :up:

Cheers,

SD

Archived