Rape in Phucket of Aussie girl

Zorro

Nobody every really deserves to be a victim...however some people just have no idea of how to read a situation or are sometimes too drunk to realize they are in a potentially dangerous one. I stay in Pratanum while in BKK which some thais tell me is a pretty dangerous area for farang at night. I'll sometimes walk to 7-11 a 2.00 am. I see the eyes follow me the way groups of young guys sit up when they see me. I always let them know I know they are watching me. Only takes a quick glance and they get the message. On the other hand should I be blind drunk I probably wouldn't even know what had happened until I came to in hospital.....if I was lucky. There is a huge difference between being a victim and making yourself an easy target. I wonder how many of these incidents would not happen if you took alcohol out of the equation.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There are several people on this board ie:suadam and cardinal blue who belive that all foreignewrs that come to Thailand deserve anything that they are dished up because we are in the grubby little Thais country. this is not the first time we have seen this from these two.

if u remember the post about the new zealand teacher who was stabbed watching world cup soccer with his thai girlfriend and her thai male 'friend'. they are carrying on the same argument. the vicitm deserved it...

Obviously you could not understand what was being said.

The discussion was not "The Farang Deserved" but more to the point "He Could of Avoided it". It all boils down to risk analysis.

The same rings true in this case, the alleged victim was drunk and was put in a Tuk Tuk by her friends. If one of her friends had of ridden back to the hotel with her the alleged event would have been less probable to happen.

This in now way is a defence of the alleged rapist or is it putting full onus on the victim, its an objective honest analysis of the Sequence of Events and seeing how the end event could have been avoided.

Personaly I prefer not to be a victim, and as such I try to recognise where potential problems may lie, and as such try to avoid them.

I'll think you will find the common name for this is "Streetwise"

What you say is right Mekong, but what the problem is that some seem to be claiming what appears to be.... that all the victims are accountable and responsible for what happened to them.

I was brought up under the teachings of

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxFuck me once, shame on you

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxFuck me twice, shame on me.

If the perps change their tactics and you are not aware of it, it is on them but if you know their latest tactics and you fall for their latest tactic, it is your shit.

When I was attacked, I was doing everything I coud see by the book, but did not realize that the bandits would cross the street to get to you. I did not realize they would cut their engines so as to be able to coast to where you are as they would approach from behind. This tactic I was not aware of. There was no p4p activities. As the police claimed, this shit happens every night. All I know is that 2 farangs got it that night.

Now as far as being street wise, if you reread my account, there was a lot of shit going on that was street wise stuff. If you remember, they didn't hurt me, my injuries were self inflicted and they did not get any money, just 2 hot faces.

After getting hurt, I went back to the US for medical care. As I went thru Customs, I was asked several times by agents what happened and their next question was [color:red]"Did you hurt them up good?"[/color] When i told them there were 4 of them with machetes, each one said [color:red]"Good!"[/color] when I told them all I could do is giving them 2 red faces.

As for the other farang that night, they got his money and they left him for dead on the sidewalk. I don't know if he will ever be able to tell the tale of what happened to him that night.

I was watching a documentary on police work in USA and they were using decoys to set up sting operations. In one, they had an undercover cop posing as a drunk in high crime areas. The undercover cop sometimes got beaten up pretty bad before his backup rescued him but they were doing a good job arresting muggers. They could use an operation like that on Beach Road at night in Pattaya or on SuckemBitch Road in Bangkok.

Archived