Visa Runs in Trouble??

Pianoman

the rules as posted above will not be enforced !

Why.....the Airlines cannot fly to BKK and have flight crews stay in BKK, they are not all going to get long term visas,

The Airlines cannot have connecting flights thru the "New hub" airport when it opens next month, which was one of the things they were pushing for the new airport , a regional hub

I think the Immigration dept was pushed because of that creep Karr to do something ,

but I doubt they talked it thru with the other departments ,

OC

all opinions are affected by large amounts of Diet Pepsi

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the rules as posted above will not be enforced !

Why.....the Airlines cannot fly to BKK and have flight crews stay in BKK, they are not all going to get long term visas,

The Airlines cannot have connecting flights thru the "New hub" airport when it opens next month, which was one of the things they were pushing for the new airport , a regional hub

I think the Immigration dept was pushed because of that creep Karr to do something ,

but I doubt they talked it thru with the other departments ,

OC

all opinions are affected by large amounts of Diet Pepsi

The air crews are now, for the most part, based in BKK, so I assume they have some sort of work or "air crew tranist" papers...no idea really. I did once work for 2 days at Don Muang before exit customs and entering the Kingdom...immigration officer seemed to care less...did have a Thai air rep with me, which might have helped. Also spent 3 days working in Narita with out ever going through Customs, never got a stamp stayed in crew quarters on the airport...USA immigration had a hard time with that one...but they are idiots anyway.

To me, this will really screw up a lot of transit passangers who make frequent stops in Thailand to change planes and overnight. A better way might be to say "...90 days in a 180 day period with a leave of 5 days between 30 day entries..." or some such (properly worded) crap like that. They could also start cracking down on The schools and business that hire these guys, deal with them severly, and take away the incentive to hire them illeagally.

Bottom line is they can't stop this, and the effort is all for show.

For me, I certainly hope it is all for show!

It will be a major fluster cuck is they try to make this happen.

Herds of folks from Malaysia will be pissed, as the Malays often spend the weekend having fun in southern Thailand.

Many folks involved with the offshore work, working on ships (3 months on, three months off), slackers like me ( :drunk: )...we will all be looking for other options!

Ohhh...how about "medical vacations"?

When I broke my ankle, I let it heal and did my rehab in BKK...looks like the the Thais are going to throw away that very legit business!

I have heard that there are hospitals that offer excellent care at low prices in India.

You see like thousand os Indian doctors/dentists in the USA but some are now returning to India to setup shop. They say that the malpractice insurance, taxes, tons of paperwork work is getting to be too much of a hassle in the USA.

Of course, the millions of tee raks that will miss me/us :hubba:

I have heard that there are hospitals that offer excellent care at low prices in India...

India? Are you fuckin' NUTS? Have you been there? *I* certainly would not want to do that. One cannot relax/recouperate (sp?) in India very well. Nothing works fully there and what does work requires high levels of drama to make that so.

And you (us Yanks anyway) need a visa to go there.

Now, Malaysia is another story. Excellent medical facilities and a laid back place where most everything works hassle free.

Cheers,

SD

India? Are you fuckin' NUTS?

SD

Yes (...am...nuts...), but that is besides the point :rolleyes:

There have been a lot of changes in India. Yes, not the best option, but may be feasible.

With the cos of medical in the USA, I am now searching for other sources.

Thailand *** used *** to be a good source, buut if this visa sh$t comes to pass, then I will be looking at other countries.

Bottom line is they can't stop this, and the effort is all for show.

Isnt it always?

They could also start cracking down on The schools and business that hire these guys, deal with them severly, and take away the incentive to hire them illeagally.

In some ways they are, in the last couple of weeks some schools including some of the "internationals" have been visited by immigration to check on WPs etc

What is VERY worrying is that they have taken the line that not only are you illegal if you dont have a WP and havent aplied for one, they are saying that even if you are applying for one and are working, you are illegal.

Now strictly speaking that has always been the case, but previously as long as the wheels were in motion it has been overlooked. Not now it seems. Teachers were taken down to immigration and them and the school fined.

If this continues I forsee schools with only 10% of English speakers at the start of the school year, the rest will be sitting around waiting for the WP to come through. It would mean a totally different way of hiring than goes on at present and I dont see the people - the schools, Ministry of Employment etc being able to cope.

I know many people who have been there for years and are now talking about Cambodia, Vietnam, Middle East, Japan, Korea and even going home as their next step.

Just got this...

Royal Thai Police

Order No. 608 / 2549

Subject: An authorization for permission to foreigners that are exempted from the Visa requirements to stay temporarily in the Kingdom of Thailand.

----------------------------------

As the Interior Ministerial Regulation has stipulated the criterions, practices and conditions regarding the verification, exception and the changes in the Visa requirements B.E. 2545 (2002) dated on 16th August B.E. 2545 (2002) and the Ministerial Regulation (Volume 2) B.E. 2546 (2003) dated on 28th March B.E. 2546 (2003) prescribed the criterions, practices and conditions regarding the exception in the Visa requirements pursuant to the Article 12 (1) of the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979).

For supporting the approval permission to the foreign nationals who are exempted from Visa requirements when entering to temporarily stay in the Kingdom of Thailand to be in order pursuant to the intention of the Thai Government, under the virtue of the Article 35 of the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979) and the Article 11 (4) of Royal Thai Police Act B.E. 2547 (2004), the authorized Immigration Officer shall be lawfully appointed and authorized to permit the foreign nationals who get the exemption of Visa requirements for entering to temporarily stay in the Kingdom of Thailand in accordance with the following types of exemption:

1. Passport holder of the country that has made an agreement with the Thai government, according to the Interior Ministerial Regulation which stipulated the criterions, practices and conditions regarding the verification, exception and the changes in the Visa requirements B.E. 2545 (2002) dated on 16th August B.E. 2545 (2002), Article 13 (1), shall be permitted to have the right to stay in Thailand according to the period which is mutually agreed between the government of Thailand and the government of the passport holder.

2. Passport holder from the country which has no Royal Thai Embassy or the Royal Thai Consulate located in that country as the Minister of the Interior has stipulated under the consent of the Cabinet, according to the Interior Ministerial Regulation which stipulated the criterions, practices and conditions regarding the verification, exception and the changes in the visa requirements B.E. 2545 (2002) dated on 16th August B.E. 2545 (2002), Article 13 (2), shall be permitted to stay in Thailand not exceeding to 30 days from the arrival date.

3. According the Article 13 (3) of the Ministerial Regulation which stipulated the criterions, practices and conditions regarding the verification, exception and the changes in the visa requirements B.E. 2545 (2002) dated on 16th August B.E. 2545 (2002), within six months period, the holder of passport or substitutive documents which issued by any country that is approved by the Minister of the Interior, under the approval of the Cabinet, to enter to temporarily stay in Thailand for tourism purpose, shall be permitted to enter Thailand several times. Each permitted time shall not be exceeding 30 days period, and the total period shall not be exceeding 90 days from the first day that the passport holder arrived in Thailand.

4. According the Article 13 (4) of the Ministerial Regulation which stipulated the criterions, practices and conditions regarding the verification, exception and the changes in the visa requirements B.E. 2545 (2002) dated on 16th August B.E. 2545 (2002), the holder of passport or other substitutive documents who enter to temporarily stay in the Kingdom of Thailand for the conference or the international sport contest shall be permitted to stay in the Kingdom not more than 30 days from the day arrived in the Kingdom of Thailand.

5. According the Article 13 (5) of the Ministerial Regulation which stipulated the criterions, practices and conditions regarding the verification, exception and the changes in the visa requirements B.E. 2545 (2002) dated on 16th August B.E. 2545 (2002), the holder of passport or other substitutive documents of the country that is the member of Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) and holds the APEC businessman passport who enters to temporarily stay in the Kingdom of Thailand for business purpose shall be permitted to stay in the Kingdom not more than 90 days from the day arrived in the Kingdom of Thailand.

6. This Order shall be supersede to all other rules, regulations and orders that are conflicted with this Order.

This Order shall be in full force commencing from this 1st day of October 2006

Order dated on 8th September 2006

Signed Signature

(Police General ---------)

Royal Thai Police Commandant

Part 3 may applyto me I suppose, but I really have no idea what it really means...

OH, so now looks like they realise they are about to shoot themselves in the foot? And the new rules have changed from a maximum of 3x30 day stamps in a 6 month period, to any number of stamps as long as the actual number of days in the kingdom does'nt excede 90 in any 6 month period?

Simie.

Archived