A Wanted Poster-- and a warning to all

gene1944

What I always find very interesting about those stories about girls drugging boys in bars and later robbing them is this : after having been drugged they never collapse on the road or in the cab , they politely wait til they are back in the room it seems . I am sure the girls all receive a course anesthesia for beginners before ; it is difficult to predict how long it takes to make the man collapse , this depends on many things . So to watch your beer in the bar does not make too much sense as long as you make sure you walk round the block twice before you head for the room .

Anyhow , the girl in the initial post did not take the camera although the Japanese guy had taken a photo from her , very very stupid . Unless the man got it wrong and published a photo of his missus by mistake .

BuBi

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In my friend's case, they were also drinking in the room. I have no ideas how long these drugs take to work. Would be interesting if a guy did pass out in a bar or street, which I assume has happened at some point.

In most of the robberies, the drug won't be administered until the victim is back at his hotel room or apartment. The guy will invite the girl back to the room/apartment or agree to her suggestion they go there, then the guy is slipped the drug. It would indeed become a big hassle if the girl had to carry a dead drunk guy on her own. Of course, if she's working together with a couple of other guys who pose as friends, it would be possible, but they'd have to take him to their own place. I doubt too many hotels in BKK would allow an unconscious guest to be dragged up to his room by a girl and a couple of guys.

These drugs kick in quickly, anywhere from a few minutes to 15 minutes. To what degree the victim becomes compliant depends on the size of the dose, the victim's body weight and how much alcohol the victim has consumed.

In the "date-rape" cases, where the perps administer roofies, the situation is different. If the guy and the girl arrived at the bar or club together, the staff will generally assume she simply had too much to drink and the guy is helping her home. They also want to avoid guests puking and are happy to see too-drunk girls leaving. Bars are more aware these days of girls who arrived alone, were approached by a strange guy and then fall very drunk soon after. I have no idea if they ever try to stop a guy from lugging out a drunk girl.

Evel

:devil:

Maybe I'm deluding myself, but I think I usually have a pretty good sense about people - who can be trusted and who is trying to scam me. Then again, I'd rather not end up dead. Maybe there's something to be said for taking girls only from bars or massage parlors. And of course, I always use the hotel safe except for whatever money I need fcor the day/evening.

Rex

Drugged or not , if people would follow the iron rule to register madame on arrival , the wallet should be safe.

There is one confirmed case of a Thai-Chinese single lady sitting in the Bamboo Bar , Oriental Hotel , Bangkok . She looked so elegant that they did not dare to throw her out although the security was suspicious . She found a customer later on and when the man woke up in the morning he suffered from heavy headache and loss of assorted belongings . Most unfortunately this man was kind of VIP and made a major drama out of this because he thought the lady was on the hotel's payroll . As far as I have heard they found her later on because there are a thousand cameras in every corner . I hope they do not keep the recordings too long anyway ... :redflag:

BuBi

this shit has been going on for some time but it hard to convince some on this board such shit happens.

Absolutely true.

It is amazing how agitated and hostile some members get if someone posts anything that could be construed as even remotely negative about Thailand. Let me give an example that has nothing to do with violence in Thailand and can be easily verified by going back a few months on this board and simply picking up a current edition or going to the website of Thailand's major English daily newspapers.

Many months ago I started a thread about proposed major restrictions on foreigners in Thailand. I said that - in addition to the new regulations on companies that own property - there would be restrictions on using preference share structures to address alien business law restrictions and that new restrictive visa controls would be proposed. This was dimissed by some as pure BS, and that it would never happen.

Now look at what has happened. The Ministry of Commerce promulgated new regulations making it impossible to use the preference share structures that had been used for over 30 years, they are investigating over ten exisiting companies for violation of the alien business law (this in the newspapers today) and there is serious talk of declaring all exisiting preference share structures illegal. The Nation estimates there are 100,000 such companies.

The new visa restrictions I warned of months ago are now also in the news. It's in the papers or, if you don't want to search for the reports, simply go to the mango sauce site - there is a good summary of the situation there.

It is going to get worse before it gets better.

Actually, a prominent member of this board reported his ordeal a few years ago. Same basic senario.

As for the comments from another poster above, Last week, I saw some very seriously fucked up people being loaded onto Motocycle taxis in front of Nana Plaza. Driver, nearly comatos passanger and another Thai (usually girl) on the back holding him in place. Saw a large group headed wherever this way. Also saw 2 Thai guys, carrying a guy under the supervision of a farang woman, they appeared to be helping him back to the hotel (nana).

Point is, I think some control is also needed regarding alcohol consumption...I know I never used any, and it almost cost me a number of times.

I know you have been beaten down a few times for speaking up about things gadfly. I am glad you stuck it out.

Unfortunately, there are a few people who like to cloud things so it appears you might be delusional. Even one time one person used the old red neck trick of changing your name so as to drive their point home.

Ever since 9/11/01, the world has changed, even Thailand and I would say not for the better.

OK, clearly the common factor is bringing a stranger into your room apt/hotel.

Is Bangkok dangerous or are some people just dumb?

Seems to me there are several ways to prevent these types of attacks from occurring.

If you want to go ahead and blame it on society, and not your role in society go ahead....Just take the proper precaution when bringing 'whores' back to your room.

They can be fun when mastered correctly, newbies [people who cannot take care of themselves regardless of how long in the LOS or how many posts] should stick to strict guidelines.

Perhaps it would be more constructive to make a thread on how to enjoy oneself without creating a dangerous situation....yeah thats right 'creating a dangerous set of circumstances'.

Archived