A Wanted Poster-- and a warning to all

gene1944

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a serious problem and has been going on for many, many years. The advice I got ahead of my first trip to LOS back in 1979 was "in a bar, don't drink anything but beer from a bottle you've seen the bartender open. Hold onto the bottle until you've finished it."

However, quite a few guys (and women) who claim to have been drugged by rohypnol, GHB or scopolamine have actually just had too much to drink. Rohypnol, etc. can be detected in the blood up to five days after ingestion and in hair, up to one month. Police say of every 50 people or so who say they've been robbed or raped while drugged, only 1 tests positive for the drug.

Rohypnol and the others only last about six, maybe eight hours. But combined with abdundant alcohol and exhaustion from international travel and heavy partying, the victim can sleep 12 or 15 hours.

More than 15 hours would require additional doses, but that's not unheard of. Then it is usually a gang that has targetted a specific victim, not just a random one. The woman gains the man's confidence, administers the initial dose and her counfederates then move in to "work him over" for several days with a combination of abuse and drugs. They learn all the codes and passwords to his accounts and clean him out. Sometimes they clean out his apartment as well.

That's not the kind of thing a Suk street girl would be involved in. It requires more resources than she is able to muster. Most of the cases where the guy has been totally cleaned out have been orchestrated by one criminal mob or the other, sometimes Chinese, but mostly East European. Be especially careful of girls from East Europe or one of the -stans. They are all run by mobs and can win their freedom if they set up a john for a big score.

Evel

:devil:

Hi Buddha,

[color:orange]"by chance do you know where the person met this 'criminal'?"[/color]

He met her at a hotel lounge in the lower Suk tourist area. BTW, that hotel is not generally considered a "pickup" hotel and I dont think it is even BG friendly. She asked him if he could help her find an ATM and a place to eat western food. She insisted on buying him coffee as a "thank you" and that is when she slipped him the drug.

[color:orange]"She did not look like a hooker, can you explain to the board what a hooker looks like, and if there are exceptions?"[/color]

I would say a girl who is neatly dressed, seems cultured, speaks English far better than street-level English, says she has a decent job and doesn't approach you with obvious come-ons and comments but rather asks innocent questions (above) would appear not to be a hooker. This list is not complete. He didn't think she was a hooker, merely a stewardess on a layover asking for some advice.

[color:orange]"Say where does one pass out in Bangkok where all of their valuables are present."[/color]

The thefts took place at his home. The last thing he remembered was drinking coffee in a restaurant not too far from the hotel lounge he met her. He has no recollection of how he got home, how the girl got into his house, if someone else drove/carried him home, if she had other help inside his house, etc. His house was totally ransacked with every drawer emptied and every piece of clothing checked for valuables.

I told him he was extremely lucky to still be alive.

The thefts took place at his home.

That's the way it mostly goes down. The gangs target resident expats who live by themselves in apartment or houses. It's not worth the effort just to get whatever the average tourist happens to be carrying at the time. Sometimes the woman will spend weeks in winning the mark's confidence.

I told him he was extremely lucky to still be alive.

Indeed he is. The gangs often administer too large doses to give themselves time to get away and the victim dies or suffers permanent brain damage.

Evel

:devil:

Old Hippie: "Took her to Nana disco' date=' and for some food, woke up 15 hours later...."

Where did he wake up? At the table?

I think you leave out the crucial common info here. Tell me that he didn't take the stranger, who happens to be a whore [no way to really sugarcoat that part'], to his hotel room.

ehh, punters do that all the time you know, BGs, GoGo girls, freelancers, whatever....

That really shouldn`t come as a surprise to you.

hn

Yes, basically (was going to make a new post about this, but do it here), a coworker of mine flew into BKK, from MNL, was o.k. for a few days, had been in BKK before, knows the PI well, and has been dealing with whores for years (ex Marine/REtired from the Airforce) seemed to do o.k.

He called a girl he met the night before, they went out, she went off for a phone call, he waited, finished his beer, then hers, and left, figuring she wasn't comming back, and he was tired of waiting. He went to Soi 4, met a woman in front of Big Dogs, took her to Nana Disco, partied a bit, they went for Kway eow, then yes, back to his room.

I talked to him at about 02:30, which he didn't remember. He was due to go to the airport at 10 a.m. the next day. I called him at 7 am, and at 8 a.m. sent messages to his PI phone and his BKK phone, no reply, figured he was in transit.

I went out, and made final plans with some other board members for that nights trip to Saphan Kwai (now a legendary cluster fuck).

At 19:30, I was on my way out of my room to meet the guys for our ill fated Saphan Kwai trip, when he called me and told me what had happened, he had just woken up.

Said at first, he couldn't move, felt sore and paralized. Then he was able to get up and call me. Was a bit thirsty, and still groggy, and tired. He was stumbling and walking very slowly. The desk clerk at the Hotel made some calls, and helped him cancel his stolen ATM and Credit cards.

The girl/theif took his money (oddly leaving him 90 bhat) his ATM, his credit card, but oddly left his phone and a decent digital camera...she(they maybe?) tore his stuff apart looking all through his stuff, finding all his hidden money. BIG WARNING!!! USE THE SAFE BOXES!

I prefer the ones out of the room, in the hotel office! Nana and a few other hotels keep a photo copy of your passport taped to it, and don't allow anyone else in, they also have a log of when you go into the box, and you must sign it. The hotel we stayed at has them, and makes you use a separate lock on the box itself, and you keep the keys for that lock! USE THE BOXES! Never have more money on you then you can afford to lose, and NEVER carry your Charge cards or ATM if you don't have to. and USE THE BOXES!

In any event, we went to the Lumpini police department to make a report for the credit card company, which they have now said they don't need as it was/is written in Thai, and the cards weren't used. The cops spoke very little English, and what they did was poor and basic. Between that and my crappy Thai, we some how got it done.

We next talked to a detective, who looked like a motocy Taxi hit man (maybe he was?) who spoke NO English at all. Gist is/was, this happens a lot, and they do want to stop it as they fear it will cause death.

I loaned him 4K bhat which I hope to get back this week, and he disregarded my advise to stay in. He went out for food, a beer, and another woman, this time from a bar "...what else can I lose?" he asked...ah you can always tell a Marine, just can't tell them much! :) Really, he had a point, the trip was fucked, might as well make what you can of it all.

Think that is all the pertanent details...bottom line is, he fucked up leaving the stuff in the room and not using the safety boxes. We can debate about pulling freelancers another time. Or maybe now...up to you.

"...I hang with FLers all the time since i began visiting the LOS. What the debate?..."

No debate from me, I do it all the time myself. Sooner or later it might happen to me, I/we are not immune, "buy the ticket, take the ride." None the less some guys do question pulling freelancers especially by "new/inexperienced" punters...to me it doesn't matter if it is your 1st or 100th girl off the street, pick the wrong one, you will have a problem. Play the game long enough, sooner or later, you will lose a hand/round or two, it is bound to happen, and NOONE is Exempt from it.

Archived