And people say Farangs are bad

Nervous_Dog

How the fuck did fucking a 15 year old and then marrying her tun into nazi germany Vs Democracy??

15 year old -> virgin -> not virgin -> pay compensation -> in india get killed -> outrage -> argument against 'moral relativism' -> answer to a missconseption against moral relativism

Pretty straight forward really, could not end up anywhere else.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
These rules are about male domination and power over female behaviour, they are not cultural, but are perversions of sharia law, due to an individuals or groups decision to create such a rule/law in response to others behaviour.

All thought material creates culture so group decisions too and sharia law is a great example of "culture" since it is a set of rules made up by a bunch of guys in the old days AND interpreted by a bunch of new guys.

Cultures and therefore modes of behaviour are created by people.

...if something is clearly dysfunctional and involves causing pain and death to others, it is clearly wrong. Nothing cultural about it. It is made by people in the first place.

First you state culture is created by ppl. So far so good but when you talk about my neighbor Adolf you say it is not cultural and made by ppl anyway. Mai Kaw Cai...Are you saying the opposite now about culture? Hitler and most Germans created a culture of killing. We may still enjoy some of the outcome of this culture in the form fine ornaments like lamps of Jews skin... :yikes: And everybody knows there is still a weird feeling between Dutchies e.a. and Germans, this is also culture. You seem to have the idea that if something is culture it is beautiful and good. Remember the Mayans slaughtering their own virgins for the Gods? Good and bad form culture. Hitler and his mates did create culture. Maybe better to call it a subculture since it does not entail the whole of German culture.

A little naive thinking maybe?

Not at all. Again you fall into that same group who look at it purely from a western POV. I may think those examples you use are unacceptable, you might think they are unacceptable and probably 99% of the board feel the same. But the Saudi father of a young girl who drowns his own daughter in the family swimming pool in front of the family after she was caught meeting a western construction worker for a bit of a fiddle finds his action just, according to his culture. Or the village in Africa who have been performing FGM for hundreds maybe thousands of years find this ok according to their culture. Some communities believe that the clitoris has the power to kill the firstborn child if its head touches the clitoris during labor. Reality can sometimes be a bit hard to accept but on the other hand ignorance is bliss.

It's their contry, their values, and it's up to them to change.

A country that has been ruled by a dictator is supposed to make a change by itself after it was bombed down? After terrorists have moved to this country just to fight americans? I don't see that happening! If you suggest that the people should choose where they want to go then you need a kind of voting system to figure out what the majority wants, that is democracy! There are parties of all culturaly groups, people can vote for them if they want!

The 3rd Reich wasn't a culture and neither was beeing a Nazi, if you didn't do what Hitler ordered you have been shot! It is as easy as that! You harbor a jew and the SS finds out then you end up dead! Hitler was a man driven by power and insanity he made 1 hour speeches without any content, he got the people hooked because he gave them jobs, nobody was unemployed, war and holocaust came a few years later and nobody saw that coming, As a german I have to live with my countries history even when it happnend 2 generations before I was born, accepting it as a temprary culture to kill jews is a little too much for me! What Hitler did with the Jews was 100% wrong, but he had the people behind him to do SOMETHING against them, they haven't been killed for looking different, they had too much power and control over food, supplies, energy, goods, shopping malls etc... they have abused their exponent positions and people lost their jobs and money because of that. With all due respect they aren't famous for staying out of trouble and Hitler was one crazy asshole for trying to kill them all, because then he would have the absolute power about everything!

long story short

beeing a Nazi wasn't part of the culture, it was a political orientation germans have been forced to participate and support it in order to stay alive!

You got it backwards. Terrorists come to Iraq _ because _ we are meddeling.

That's why we try not doing that.

In Iraq you have a situation where most of the population were thinking well of Americans and still do, many hated Sadam and are glad he is gone. Many want more freedom and democracy.

So when the US comes in and gives everyone what they want, hey great, right?

No, they did want it all, but not being forced from the outside, not at the expense of their sovereignity, and not at a pace they are not ready for.

Autonomy, it is an importaint part of our fabric. You guys should know that baring in mind your resistance towards those who think p4p is wrong.

Not their business right? You can decide your self, the girl can decide her self, the rest get the fuck out of your business?

"...long story short

beeing a Nazi wasn't part of the culture, it was a political orientation germans have been forced to participate and support it in order to stay alive!..."

My adopted father, who was present during this time, would disagree. He basically has always said the Nazi philosophy swept the people up, and the "Nazi Nationalism" fever really took over. He says to this day, many Germans wonder how it/they all went along with it as they did. He says Germans do try to understand how it all happened, and want to make sure it doesn't happen again. He has compared the Neo Con/Neo Nationalist movement in the USA to this mind set as well. He and others have refered to it as the "Furer principle." The leader says it is good for you, so all embrace it, no regard for what the effect/price is, just jump on the band wagon and go along without think about it. The leader knows best..."this is your problem, lets eliminate it..."

He says for sure, the majority went along with Hitler, as they were swept up in it all...then of course as it all became increasingly more apparent that he was nuts, they started to drift. I have heard this from many older Germans besides him (he's actually Austrian, but so was Hitler.)

You can decide your self, the girl can decide her self, the rest get the fuck out of your business?

well that is how democracy works! Quite frankly I am not understanding exactly what you are against! From what I get you want the people to decide themselves, which is democratic! I find it a good idea to put a government in charge (which was democratically elected) An elected governmenment brings definately more stability than another leader that wasn't elected by the people!

Now the Iraqis get to hear more than just one political opinion on TV, with Saddam all they got was Saddams opinion! From my understanding there will be new elections within the next 16 months and everybody has enough time to decide and understand the meaning of different politics and opinions!

Of course the real reason for all this was the election in the USA, President Bush needed a success story!

OH

your Dad is right and actually i just said that! In the beginning everybody was happy to have work and the country was blossoming! At this point beeing a Nazi wasnt negative, it is now a bad word since we knoew what happenend, but hitler never revealed his plans to the crows in his early years!

Again in a similar manner to the neo-cons..Bush is just the latest figure head....there will be more...their agenda is far reaching and they have a global plan....as do the muslims....

Archived